[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Doubleyoupee, do you manage to tether in this method? still, after a few minutes, the other phones connects, but there is no transfer of data... :(

majatt

Reaction score
Can anyone help/shed some light on my two queries from a bit earlier in the thread?

Is the 'blur setup' supposed to work? When I select create a new account it asks me to accept the EULA, when I click next it goes back to the first screen.

Sorry for noobing up the place, I tried searching, what happned to the default voice command service? If I can't get that back is there any way to map a single press on my BT headset to another function? Like say google's voice commands?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry majatt, the setup meaning clicking the android to start? or the add google services and twitter and stuff after?

The android works, but I've not tried the add account selection.

And voice commands are not installed. I don't have experience with a BT headset so I'll reserve my comments for someone that knows!

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

majatt

Reaction score
There is actually an item in the app drawer 'blur setup' which will supposedly let you setup a blur account (remote phone tracking etc.). I'll try to hunt down the apk for the voice commands and see if I can get it to work, just wasn't sure if it was something wrong with my* install or if it was generally missing.

Sorry majatt, the setup meaning clicking the android to start? or the add google services and twitter and stuff after?

The android works, but I've not tried the add account selection.

And voice commands are not installed. I don't have experience with a BT headset so I'll reserve my comments for someone that knows!

nu2droid

Reaction score
I think the voice command thing is in the "google voice search" which is free in the market.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Would really like to have my Swype back. Couldn't find anything on the Market for it.

redsox985

Reaction score
Would really like to have my Swype back. Couldn't find anything on the Market for it.

Make an account with Swype, get the Beta installer, install that app, DL the Swype .apk through it, install Swype, uninstall the installer (to clean up after yourself, not needed).

dtr3030

Reaction score
he's talking about the blur voice commands. it was different than using the google voice search. to be honest, i used voice command a few times and didnt think it was any better than google's voice search. you can access this one by hold pressing the search button. even with voice search you can do "send text to john..." press the the mic button and then transcribe an entire message. even do "listen to the gorillaz" and it'll queue a search in google music. not sure why anyone would want blur voice command.

i never saw blur set up on my stock droid 3. i think that was only on motoblur phones.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Haha, I never new there was more than the google voice search. That's what I have always used... you learn something new everyday....

redsox985

Reaction score
When restoring with TiBu, what part of the system data is safe to restore? Usually, I restore...

Accounts
[Calendar] Calendar Storage 2.3.4
Car Home (to get Google car dock, I froze the Blur dock)
Contacts 2.3.4
Contacts Storage 2.3.4
Contacts Sync 2.3.4
ContactsData 2.3.4
[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.3.4
[Desktop] Launcher 2.3.4
[Playlists] Media Storage 2.3.4
[User Dict] User Dictionary 2.3.4
Wi-Fi Access Points

Are these all Kosher?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never restore any system data.

Only time I did, it didn't work anyways.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not mine, but I found it back when I had my OG Droid. This is only for when you are on the same system (i.e. GB ROM to GB ROM) (DO NOT USE TiBu if going from ICS ROM to GB ROM or vice versa)

Restoring with Titanium Backup:

Part A - Restoring User Apps/data:

A: Open Titanium Backup
B: Press Menu > Batch
C: Scroll down a little until you see the "RESTORE"
D: Press the "RUN" button next to: "Restore missing apps with data" (DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM DATA) *NOTE*Depending on the app, you may want to exclude it and restore it separately without data.
E: All user apps will be selected by default, if you do not wish to include some apps in the restore, un-check them from the list.
D: Press "Run the batch operation" at the top of the screen.
F: Allow the process to complete, at which point you will back at the main screen.

**PERSONALLY, THIS IS WHERE I STOP - vbhokiefan**

Part B - Restoring Select System Data:

*WARNING* This step is optional and can create some issues if done incorrectly. (Even if done correctly, it can sometimes cause issues.)

A: From the main screen of Titanium Backup press the button labeled: Backup/Restore at the top of the screen.
B: You will see a list of all the User Apps, System Apps, and System Data that are currently present on your phone. (The bottom of the list will have grayed out and striked items that are representative of data/apps that Titanium has backups of, but are not currently installed on the phone)
C: You will see different colors: RED - System App or Data (You Never want to restore these items); WHITE - User App/Data (These are almost always fine to restore, since they are not system dependent); GREEN - System data that is relatively safe to restore. I cannot say whether all the "Green" items are safe,
*WARNING* This step is optional and can create some issues if done incorrectly. (Even if done correctly, it can sometimes cause issues.)
but the Items I restore after a wipe are:

• [BOOKMARKS]Browser - This will restore your bookmarks in the web browser.
  • [CALENDAR]Calendar Storage - This will restore your calendar appointments if they aren't saved to your Google Calendar.
  • [USER DICT] - This will restore the user learned words stored in your keyboards.
  • [SMS/MMS/APN]Dialar Storage & [SMS/MMS PREFS]Messaging - These will restore your messaging settings and conversations.
  • Wi-Fi Access Points - This will restore your "memorized" Wi-Fi access points, including password and log in credentials.
D: Feel free to play around with these and restore what "green" items you wish. But do so with caution and I recommend doing one at a time to ensure that you don't run into issues. Once you know what one's play nice, it will be a breeze to go through them in the future and restore the ones you want.
E:Restore an item by short pressing it. It will pop up a menu, and you select "Restore".
F: Reboot your phone!
*REMEMBER* This step was optional and can create some issues if done incorrectly. (Even if done correctly, it can sometimes cause issues.)

redsox985

Reaction score
When restoring with TiBu, what part of the system data is safe to restore? Usually, I restore...

Accounts
[Calendar] Calendar Storage 2.3.4
Car Home (to get Google car dock, I froze the Blur dock)
Contacts 2.3.4
Contacts Storage 2.3.4
Contacts Sync 2.3.4
ContactsData 2.3.4
[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.3.4
[Desktop] Launcher 2.3.4
[Playlists] Media Storage 2.3.4
[User Dict] User Dictionary 2.3.4
Wi-Fi Access Points

Are these all Kosher?

Not mine, but I found it back when I had my OG Droid. This is only for when you are on the same system (i.e. GB ROM to GB ROM) (DO NOT USE TiBu if going from ICS ROM to GB ROM or vice versa)

Part B - Restoring Select System Data:

A: From the main screen of Titanium Backup press the button labeled: Backup/Restore at the top of the screen.
B: You will see a list of all the User Apps, System Apps, and System Data that are currently present on your phone. (The bottom of the list will have grayed out and striked items that are representative of data/apps that Titanium has backups of, but are not currently installed on the phone)
C: You will see different colors: RED - System App or Data (You Never want to restore these items); WHITE - User App/Data (These are almost always fine to restore, since they are not system dependent); GREEN - System data that is relatively safe to restore. I cannot say whether all the "Green" items are safe,
but the Items I restore after a wipe are:

• [BOOKMARKS]Browser - This will restore your bookmarks in the web browser.
  • [CALENDAR]Calendar Storage - This will restore your calendar appointments if they aren't saved to your Google Calendar.
  • [USER DICT] - This will restore the user learned words stored in your keyboards.
  • [SMS/MMS/APN]Dialar Storage & [SMS/MMS PREFS]Messaging - These will restore your messaging settings and conversations.
  • Wi-Fi Access Points - This will restore your "memorized" Wi-Fi access points, including password and log in credentials.
D: Feel free to play around with these and restore what "green" items you wish. But do so with caution and I recommend doing one at a time to ensure that you don't run into issues. Once you know what one's play nice, it will be a breeze to go through them in the future and restore the ones you want.
E:Restore an item by short pressing it. It will pop up a menu, and you select "Restore".
F: Reboot your phone!
*REMEMBER* This step was optional and can create some issues if done incorrectly. (Even if done correctly, it can sometimes cause issues.)

Ok, of the ones I named, the 4 that start with "Contacts" are red as well as Car Home, but that's just the AOSP car dock that I use in lieu of the Blur one. It works just fine and is nicer IMO. All of the others I named are green. What listing in TiBi backs up contacts? The 4 I mentioned?