[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tried that one before and just tried it again, doesn't work. It connects fine but never gets internet/network access
that's weird cause it works great for me and I have not done the wireless hack and the only other roms I have run are liberty and cm9 which this has worked great on those roms as well

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@overlayer can you describe exactly what you did to make this work? I would love to include it in next release...

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried that one before and just tried it again, doesn't work. It connects fine but never gets internet/network access

Occasionally I have to let the connection sit for a couple minutes to resolve internet access. When you try to connect, let it sit there for a couple minutes

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dtr3030

Reaction score
thanks. i'm actually using another app for sms back up. i could swear the first time i did a restore with TU, it did not restore that stuff. i must have used a different option. i just wiped data one more time. i'm waiting for it to boot up. then i'm going to choose back ups > filter (user apps only > batch > restore apps/data. that should do it, right? i read the TU wiki and it said something about data migration mode if switching roms. could never find that option so figured this was the best route.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@overlayer can you describe exactly what you did to make this work? I would love to include it in next release...

Sure..
I installed the apk then
I enabled encryption
changed the Ssid to what I wanted
and the passphrase to what I wanted
then started it and all ran perfect EVERYTIME!
here's the kicker..DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER SETTINGS!! or it wont work..none..don't touch anything else

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Sure..
I installed the apk then
I enabled encryption
changed the Ssid to what I wanted
and the passphrase to what I wanted
then started it and all ran perfect EVERYTIME!
here's the kicker..DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER SETTINGS!! or it wont work..none..don't touch anything else

That's what I did , doesn't work

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nope orig from the day it launched..
this also works on my wifes droid3 which we just got for her 6 days ago..

Reaction score
Update on the browser. I cleared data through settings and app manager. Seems to have fixed the crashing...

butcher98

Reaction score
I finally got my phone to connect to my car via bluetooth using 3.0. I took some advice from eariler in the thread to delete the Android and Lost folders from my sd card and did not setup my google account till after pairing to the car.

Also I can start up mobile hotspot without a radio hack or a warning that I need a plan from verizon and it works.

xdaxdb

Reaction score
How can I skip the activation page on first boot? The standard methods don't seem to be working.

~~ EDIT ~~

Never mind... I opened up the keyboard and tried to tap the 4 corners in landscape mode and it worked.

dtr3030

Reaction score
well, i love this rom. crazy quick. has been stable, but i've only been on it for a couple of days. it's not as customizable as liberty, but it's more responsive. as far as my bluetooth issue, i got it resolved after following your advice about TiBu. just had to make sure not to restore system data, which makes complete sense. i was just a bit confused when trying to figure out which batch to run. now i know. thanks

also: i will confirm as another user being successful in using both mobile hot spot as well as android-wifi-tether. i am using a google chromebook to test. launched mobile hot spot, connected, speedtest.net confirmed vzw wireless as isp. even the speed test came back in line with what i would get on mobile. my 3g card on the chromebook was turned off. closed mobile hot spot and then launched android-wifi-tether. connected successfully. attached is a link to a screen shot showing mobile data being transmitted. i have not performed radio hack. device was purchased new at launch. i did come from liberty rom as i mentioned before. i dont know if they are including a radio hack in their install or what. i cant complain tho. i just logged in and confirmed that i do not have mobile hot spot enabled on my account. i am running the latest version of android-wifi-tether (beta11).

screenshot-1328680540800.png

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
the same thing happens to me, using the wifi tether from MAVROM. it connects, but not internet access.
i will try to let it "sit" for a couple of minutes....
but what would be the technical explanation of this waiting for these minutes?