[ROM] Maverick ROM for the D3 v4.0

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Safe mode is for roms Nonsafe mode is for official rooted firmware

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
yeah, i knew that, but i hate starting in CWM or safestrap. :p i like the stock-like feeling. power on the phone and than move on to other things.

is there no other way?

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ya there is....

I have a stock rooted deodexed, very bloated, .906 rom up not gonna post links don't want anyone thinking im trying to hijack treads. Its easy to find tho ;)

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
to find it its easy ;) ..but the solution is to install it when i have bricked and wipe data does not work 100%?

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
ok. didnt want to hack topic :) but this is still the best rom and looking forward to v5.0
thanks for the rom.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
and also phone shows moto logo ... goes till recovery option ... and after nothing ... just black screen ... lol i waited for 1+ hour by leaving phone a side no work... can i try boot strap recovery ?? i had installed safe-strap

So it does show the Splashscreen for SafeStrap? in that case, press the menu key and follow the directions in my last post to flash the ROM again. (You can also restore a backup if you have one)

If Im misunderstanding, and you get the black screen after the moto logo, you may have to SBF/Fastboot.

As far as bootstrap goes, you have to be up and running to install that.

torque3883

Reaction score
So it does show the Splashscreen for SafeStrap? in that case, press the menu key and follow the directions in my last post to flash the ROM again. (You can also restore a backup if you have one)

If Im misunderstanding, and you get the black screen after the moto logo, you may have to SBF/Fastboot.

As far as bootstrap goes, you have to be up and running to install that.

i m getting black screen after recovery option that when i no choose to recovery or continue with search button....and when i reboot system from recovery menu it again stuck to black screen :angry:

is full wipe advised or not ??? i m about to do i have done roms on my ZTE Racer i knw lil bit bout CM recovery and roms :icon_eek:

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I would do a full wipe and then flash the ROM again. Just curious, you are in Safe Mode correct?

torque3883

Reaction score
Yes, I would do a full wipe and then flash the ROM again. Just curious, you are in Safe Mode correct?

yes you are right ... i am in safe mode ...and done full wipe but no nuts :angry: still black screen ...even i did format int sd card everything ...:icon_eek:but no idea what i am missing

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, what happened when you flashed the Maverick ROM? Did it go through the command lines where it tells you its installing? Did it get to "Install from SD card complete"? It's not throwing errors anywhere is it?

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes you are right ... i am in safe mode ...and done full wipe but no nuts :angry: still black screen ...even i did format int sd card everything ...:icon_eek:but no idea what i am missing

your getting the black screen because you are wiping data right after you install..
1.wipe
2.format system
3.install mav
4.reboot

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
your getting the black screen because you are wiping data right after you install..

it doesn't matter when you wipe data, before or after both work. now if he's formatting system after flashing that's a different story

torque3883

Reaction score
ok, what happened when you flashed the Maverick ROM? Did it go through the command lines where it tells you its installing? Did it get to "Install from SD card complete"? It's not throwing errors anywhere is it?

yes it shows install from sd card success message, now again SBF to .890 and did rooted D4 script ... used now boot strap recovery ... again same prob with boot strap like its not mving forward from moto dual core logo it stcks there wen i reboot in boot strap recovery !!!!

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No need to format system. The rom install script does it for you. Data wipe order should not matter. Try wiping data then cache then dalvik cache and flash the rom after that.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
9 time outa 10 if i wipe right after install i will get the black screen