[ROM] Maverick ROM for the D3 v4.0

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
chram893 said:
To get the Yahoo account to work, just follow the instructions that one of the members posted on this link >>> [Rom] Eclipse v3.0 (6/5/12) - Eclipse - RootzWiki - Page 87

With his help, that got my Yahoo account to work and sync just fine.

Edit: Oh, and this must be done through the stock email app and make sure you uncheck the automatic configuration option box to follow the directions for manual set up.

Thank you! That worked fine.

redsox985

Reaction score
I just noticed that the Honeycomb theme has broken charging animations. It goes through 3 steps of red (maybe 1, 2, & 3%) then it resets. It's minor, but I thought I'd mention it.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just noticed that the Honeycomb theme has broken charging animations. It goes through 3 steps of red (maybe 1, 2, & 3%) then it resets. It's minor, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the head's up. Might be monday before I have time to fix it.

redsox985

Reaction score

GreenSnow

Reaction score
My most sincere apologies. :icon_eek:

You do realize that this is the Maverick ROM thread, right? :blink:

Haha yeah I do now, sorry, I follow this one and Steel DROID, which is the other GB base rom that has strong development

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

torque3883

Reaction score
dear all.... actually i did everything step by step

>>Safestrap Instructions

>Start in stock MotoBlur [question = what actually moto blur is ?? stock rom ??]
>Remove any bootstraps that you currently have installed [how do i have boot strap if iwas on stock verizon ?? noob here help me out ppl]
>Install Droid3Safestrap.apk [DONE ]
>Click "Install Recovery" [DONE]
>At the bottom of the screen it should have "1.06". If not you have the wrong version. [It shows 1.08 may this version cause any difference ???]
>Now reboot and enter recovery by hitting [ menu ] during the splashscreen at bootup [DONE]
>Make a backup. (While in non-safe mode, backups include your primary system. Nice for disaster recovery.) [Not done :( :( ]
>Toggle Safe System to ENABLED using the Safe System Menu (near the bottom of the main menu). This will store a copy of your user data for later. [DONE]
>*IMPORTANT* Restart and enter back into safe-strap BEFORE flashing or wiping. [DONE]
>Select Install zip from sdcard [DONE]
>Select Choose zip from sdcard [DONE]
>Find and select D3-MavROM-xxx.zip [DONE]
>Select Wipe data/factory reset [DONE]
>Select Yes delete all data [DONE]
>Go Back [DONE]
>Reboot system [DONE]

... wen i was backing up system ...it gave me error like system backup failed.... and then i followed next steps ... but my phone is stuck at black screen after recovery !!! no droid animation or nothing :( :(

i was on official update .906 ... to root the phone and install safe strap i bricked to .890 and then i followed rom installation
:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
torque3883;2136881i was on official update .906 ... to root the phone and install safe strap i bricked to .890 and then i followed rom installation[/QUOTE said:
"bricked to .890" Do you mean you SBF'd? If so what did you use to do it?

Btw, when on .906 Motofail for the D4 will root your D3.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Glad you said something so I don't feel as confused as to what he did.

Did you have previous safestrap back ups? Mine had problems with them so I deleted the safestrap dir and started fresh and new.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
"bricked to .890" Do you mean you SBF'd? If so what did you use to do it?

Btw, when on .906 Motofail for the D4 will root your D3.

If you mean how'd he go from .906 back to .890 they released a working SBF last week on XDA.

LINKY

pistacio

Reaction score
I used safestrap 1.08 back when I flashed it, no problems here...

Silly question, were you rooted before installing safestrap? Is it even possible to install safestrap without root?

Last edited: