MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with this leak. I'm going back to 211. On 211 I was getting a constant 3+ hours of screen time with 20% left. 215 gives me the I'm dying signal before 3hrs. This has happened with two different phones. I've FDR FoxKatting clears cache the whole nine yards and nada :-(

Are you on a Razr or a Razr Maxx?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm disappointed with this leak. I'm going back to 211. On 211 I was getting a constant 3+ hours of screen time with 20% left. 215 gives me the I'm dying signal before 3hrs. This has happened with two different phones. I've FDR FoxKatting clears cache the whole nine yards and nada :-(

Have you checked to see what your signal is like?? Has it gotten worse?? Mine has lately... it went from-92 down to-107... I've been ticked... my battery life has greatly decreased because of it.

djspy

Reaction score
I'm on the OG RAZR . Signal is the same as always. Just checked and it says 75. Today has been the worst day so far. Getting close to 30% with 1hr and 30 minutes of screen time. Usually it would be at 50% with 215 leak.

GotnFX

Reaction score
djspy said:
I'm on the OG RAZR . Signal is the same as always. Just checked and it says 75. Today has been the worst day so far. Getting close to 30% with 1hr and 30 minutes of screen time. Usually it would be at 50% with 215 leak.

You know there are some days where my battery doesn't cooperate and don't last as long then the next day it goes back to being good..I don't know if is an app or something else. Just throwing in my $0.2. Are you set to global or lte/cdma?

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
djspy said:
I'm on 3G.

I think he means what your phone is set on for preferred network... go into System Settings, tap More, then Mobile Networks, the Network Mode ... setting it to LTE/CDMA uses less battery, Global is only for if you travel outside the country... :)

bpickens

Reaction score
DO NOT DELETE any of the bloatware apps!!

When you open TB there is a button at the top that says "Backup/Restore" ... tap that button and it will list all your apps.

Then you tap on the app you want to freeze, and then tap "Freeze!"

Here is a list of apps that are safe to freeze.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/200131-droid-razr-bloat-safe-removal.html

Matt, when I started this morning, I had an unrooted DROID RAZR 6.16.211.XT912, running ICS 4.0.4, then followed this thread on page 1,
and completed step 1. My phone now shows .215. I then installed "Titanium Backup * root", from the Play Market, but it gave me a message I wasn't rooted. My goal is to "Freeze" apps, and to eventually install CyanogenMod or try-out some other rom. Which ROM works the best?

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Matt, when I started this morning, I had an unrooted DROID RAZR 6.16.211.XT912, running ICS 4.0.4, then followed this thread on page 1,
and completed step 1. My phone now shows .215. I then installed "Titanium Backup * root", from the Play Market, but it gave me a message I wasn't rooted. My goal is to "Freeze" apps, and to eventually install CyanogenMod or try-out some other rom. Which ROM works the best?

Sorry, but I can't help you with ROM questions, I have never flashed a single ROM, ever. I only rooted for freezing apps as well. But there's alot of info in the ROM section. I just don't know the first thing about ROMs. :)

Your phone must be rooted to freeze apps with TB, you can do it easily with Matt's Utility version 1.8 (Different Matt) LOL

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Over 40,000 views and a whole buncha happy students ... yeah, I'm proud of this thread :D

sakana

Reaction score
Is there anything special i need to do if i want to FDR while rooted? Temp unroot or anything?

tygerchylde

Reaction score
bpickens said:

I have found that Black Widow does very well for battery life.
Eclipse is pretty good.
I have never used cyanogen, so I have no idea how they compare. If you need more info, head to the ROM section.

connexus

Reaction score
Upgraded to .215, want to root

Still wet behind the ears on this forum, so I ask for your patience. The .215 upgrade hugely improved my battery life - it worked wonderfully, thank you so much MattyP and all who contributed. I am in the process of doing the battery training. Thinking of jumping into rooting, which is a step or two beyond my experience, so I can do a real backup and lose the bloatware. The Droid Razr Utility 1.81 looks like it covers through .214, not .215, but I don't know enough to know if that's true or a problem. What do I need to know and where do I begin?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
connexus said:
Still wet behind the ears on this forum, so I ask for your patience. The .215 upgrade hugely improved my battery life - it worked wonderfully, thank you so much MattyP and all who contributed. I am in the process of doing the battery training. Thinking of jumping into rooting, which is a step or two beyond my experience, so I can do a real backup and lose the bloatware. The Droid Razr Utility 1.81 looks like it covers through .214, not .215, but I don't know enough to know if that's true or a problem. What do I need to know and where do I begin?

Welcome to DF connexus! The best advice is to read a lot to understand everything about rooting before you proceed. These are the steps I followed when I rooted, post #89

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a-9.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there anything special i need to do if i want to FDR while rooted? Temp unroot or anything?

No, just back up everything you want to save ... contacts, pics, videos, etc. It will return your phone to "out of the box" state :)