MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

GotnFX

Reaction score
eek88dj said:
The 215 leak is awesome...my maxx has never ran this fast out of the box. Thanks to the ones that help on this. Im glad i didnt give up on it i about did lol...idk but i had to FDR several times now it sweet. :hail:

Fantastic! I know FDRs are a pain cuz u have everything all set up..but the results usually are for the better...again glad it all worked out!

GotnFX

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Awww shucks! Thanks Matty but you helped me get there! And FoxKat and 94lt1 and JStafford1 and SallyC and a zillion others!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

I gotta say everyone mentioned above..and Sydman, have helped me in one way or another..i was stagnant on the forum for awhile and cuz of you all i feel the need to see what you are all up to next..thanks again!

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Well the 215 leak work great last nite now it running sloe the data wont stay on lol..i didnt download anything yet. Now it junk lol..i dont know what to do throw it against the wall or try to flash it back which i dont know how to do yet put the 211 back in. Help

GotnFX

Reaction score
eek88dj said:
Well the 215 leak work great last nite now it running sloe the data wont stay on lol..i didnt download anything yet. Now it junk lol..i dont know what to do throw it against the wall or try to flash it back which i dont know how to do yet put the 211 back in. Help

I dont get it. Have you tried downloading the leak on a computer and loading it onto your phone through the computer..If you want to revert back to .211, check out page 1 of this thread..Course #2. It talks about downgrading from .214..but it should be the same except you are on .215. I honestly havent done this so MattyP or someone please confirm..As with any DL, you should have a good internet connection to ensure a proper DL of the .211 or .215..

djspy

Reaction score
alright , im goung to do a FDR since the battery life hasnt been as good as with .211 and some people said they've fixed this by doing a FDR. i have a question for FoxKat. Do i need to do the whole battery training again after the FDR? also, this is in general, do i need to clear cache and then hit the factory data reset option or if i go straight to the fdr option it clears cache as well right? is there a benefit to doing 2-3 FDRs in a row? im doing all this from recovery menu.

thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I always do two FDR's and then clear the cache when I do it, might seem a bit excessive but afterwards the phones runs perfectly.

wolfe69

Reaction score
I finally got Matt's LinuxMacUtility 1.81 and ran it trying to root my Droid Razr (running the .215 link). I used Root Checker to see if I had root access and it said I didn't so I ran Matt's utility again and this is what I got.

Am I just dense or am I missing something here? I couldn't follow the directions to the T as I don't have a Mac and I am running the Fedora 17 release of Linux. :blink:

--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
Pushing files from root package to device...
2986 KB/s (2005736 bytes in 0.655s)
2902 KB/s (1862336 bytes in 0.626s)
cannot stat './files/rooter': No such file or directory
523 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.041s)
Setting permissions.
Unable to chmod /data/local/12m/rooter: No such file or directory
failed on '/data/local/12m/batch' - Permission denied
link failed File exists
2885 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.285s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Rebooting device...
Waiting for device to boot...
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/12m/rooter: not found
rm failed for /data/local/12m/rooter, No such file or directory
Rebooting device...
Rooted.
All Done!
Press Enter To Return To The Main Menu

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

wolfe69

Reaction score
When I try to install Safestrap I get the following error. I have checked, double and triple checked and the files are there.

EOCD not found, not Zip
file './files/RAZRSafestrap-ICS-2.00.apk' is not a valid zip file
Installation complete,
Press Enter To Return To The Main Menu

Can I just copy the file to my SD-Card/Ext and install it from there or do I need to do something else?

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Did you also install bootstrap? Because you can only install one, not both, I wonder if that is why safestrap will not install.

wolfe69

Reaction score
Did you also install bootstrap? Because you can only install one, not both, I wonder if that is why safestrap will not install.

No, I didn't specifically tell it to install Bootstrap. The only thing I told the Utility to do is Root (Option #2) and install Safestrap (Option #5, I believe).

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I dont get it. Have you tried downloading the leak on a computer and loading it onto your phone through the computer..If you want to revert back to .211, check out page 1 of this thread..Course #2. It talks about downgrading from .214..but it should be the same except you are on .215. I honestly havent done this so MattyP or someone please confirm..As with any DL, you should have a good internet connection to ensure a proper DL of the .211 or .215..
Thsnk you for your help i really mean it. I think i brick it. Im not good these things at all. Im dumb founded on them well im getting a warranty one today. I called tech support told them what i did i was trying to fix the issue myself and i brick it. They said that was ok so they sent me one out. Im hoping not been used before lol...i had it 30 days i bought it Aug 1....thanks for all the help....i wont touch it again til i learned how.:hail:

GotnFX

Reaction score
eek88dj said:
Thsnk you for your help i really mean it. I think i brick it. Im not good these things at all. Im dumb founded on them well im getting a warranty one today. I called tech support told them what i did i was trying to fix the issue myself and i brick it. They said that was ok so they sent me one out. Im hoping not been used before lol...i had it 30 days i bought it Aug 1....thanks for all the help....i wont touch it again til i learned how.:hail:

Well I am sure someone like Sydman could help you possibly unbrick your phone if it is brick...But sorry all this didnt work out for you. Hopefully the replacement phone will be a better one for you!