MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will, i think I'm able to follow your simple instructions. So as long as everything happens like it's supposed to then i should be good to go

I know alot of people are a little intimidated with trying something like this ... lord knows I was the first time. But it really is quite painless, that's why I made the instructions as simple and step by step as possible. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Very cool eirigance! I love your tag name!

Matty did a super duper job with those instructions. I think it takes the intimidation right out of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll be here for a little bit if you have any questions. If you do each step one by one you won't have any problems! :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You go Josh! Woo Hoo! yet, another .215 convert! It is painless!

blankdep

Reaction score
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have been rooted running the .211 build for a while now. Since I'm rooted, I started with course #3, and unrooted. I then went to course #1. I have the file on my SD card, boot into recovery, choose install update from external SD card, and the update begins.

Within a minute, I get a Status 7 error and the install is aborted.

Am I missing something?

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have been rooted running the .211 build for a while now. Since I'm rooted, I started with course #3, and unrooted. I then went to course #1. I have the file on my SD card, boot into recovery, choose install update from external SD card, and the update begins.

Within a minute, I get a Status 7 error and the install is aborted.

Am I missing something?

Are you running a custom ROM?

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was running a custom ROM on the safeside of safestrap, but I went back to unsafe which would be my stock .211 I believe.

No it has to be completely stock .211 ... it's the custom ROM that's giving that error message, even on the safeside.

blankdep

Reaction score
No it has to be completely stock .211 ... it's the custom ROM that's giving that error message, even on the safeside.

Ah ok then, thanks for the help, was hoping I wouldn't have to start over but oh well, guess I'll deal with it

Thank you again

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ah ok then, thanks for the help, was hoping I wouldn't have to start over but oh well, guess I'll deal with it

Thank you again

The only way to do it is on completely stock ... you would have to use Matt's utility version 1.8 to go back to stock .211 ... and then do the course to upgrade. You can still do the root and unroot like in the course from .211, or you can root after it's on .215 with Matt's 1.8 as well. But it has to be stock .211, and no ROM.

And I need to add that to the course requirements LOL :)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I'll be here for a little bit if you have any questions. If you do each step one by one you won't have any problems! :)

Had no problems, running .215 as we speak :)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
MattyP said:
It really was painless wasn't it?? dancedroid

Congrats man, yet ANOTHER satisfied customer! (You passed the course LOL) :biggrin:

Thanks for the very easy to follow instructions! It was very painless i got a little worried when it was sitting on one step for quite a while, but it finally kept going. Now what remains to be seen is if i like out better, worse, or the same.