Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by MattyP, Jul 22, 2012.
Is it safe to call this a "spinoff" from the original series?
----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----
Ok let's not let this one deteriorate. Don't want good info getting lost in shenanigans.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I have a couple questions about 215. If i am to do it.
1 do i need to unfreeze all apps? I am not rooted, i just used stock ics to disable them.
2. Are there any known issues i should consider before taking the plunge? I think i read somewhere some people were having screen issues while charging.
3. Will going to .215 take me off the ota path? And how hard will it be to go back?
4. What do i need to do in preparation? What needs to be backed up?
I'm sorry if all these questions have already Been addressed and i was to dense to follow it.
1) If the apps were disabled in ICS then you shouldn't need to enable them. They are still in your system, just disabled. (Not deleted)
2) Everyone's phone is different, but .215 addresses issues from .211, specifically battery life issues. I am quite happy with it, and lots of others are, but everyone's "mileage" is different.
3) No it will not take you off the OTA path, if anything comes out as an OTA after, it will be no problem.
4) Backing up depends on if you choose to do a Factory Data Reset and Cache Wipe or not. That is optional, and totally up to the user. I did 2 of them after going to .215 but that choice is 100% yours. It's always good to start with a clean slate, so you would need to back up contacts, pics, videos, and stuff like that. If you wipe data and cache you would also have to re-install your apps.
There's really no preparation, except for backing up stuff if you choose to FDR/Cache wipe. If you are not rooted, all you need to do is follow Course #1 step by step, it takes about 10-15 minutes total to complete installation.
Hope this helps!
MattyP, I called you the .215 guru, take a couple days away from DF and when I return you have a whole class!! I guess guru wasn't good enough, you wanted to be Prof. MattyP!
LOL It was easier to do it this way than bouncing around from thread to thread. One central location to do it all :biggrin:
Sadly, the real world awaits. Storms are coming and I have to cut grass in the heat before they get here. Catch y'all later :icon_ devil:
Thanks for your input i had a idea on all those questions from reading other posts. I just wanted to clear it up in my head. Thanks again you are truly a jedi master of android.
I learned it all here! LOL :biggrin:
And now for something completely different ... there's nothing like cutting grass with bolts of lightning flying around in the sky
Just so everyone knows, I am leaving tomorrow morning on a road trip to take care of some personal business, and will be away for most of the rest of the week. I will be checking in from time to time, but this is going to be a very busy week and I will be on the road quite a bit. If anyone has any questions about anything .215 related, there are several peeps here who are very knowledgeable about .215 and I'm sure they will be happy to help, please be patient.
Thanks to all the students who so far have passed their courses and made this class a success. dancedroid
Have a good trip. I think it's likely i will be running .215 before you return.