MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
MattyP...... I used your instructions to install the .215 leak and it worked great. First time I have ever manually upgraded and I have never rooted any of my Droids. I think it would be great if you could set up your easy to follow Classrooms for a lot of other topics. I am going to follow the Classroom instructions for the battery meter. Could you (if you havent done so already) have a classroom on how to root after .215 upgrade including where to get the needed class materials (software). I feel confident I might be able to follow your course and have a rooted Razr.
Thanks... Professor.... Next you will be the Dean of Razr U

Thanks! Glad it worked for you! Another satisfied customer! dancedroid

We will see about a "Rooting 101" class ... that's a whole 'nother animal. The rooting part is easy as pie nowadays, it's what you do with the phone AFTER rooting that's important, like freezing apps, using file explorers, tethering, etc.

But it's definitely a possibility! :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wooo hooo tomoid! Congratulations.

Matty, I could probably go through the FoxFi thread, cut & paste the instructions to root, from that create one set for stock and one for if on .214 or .215, send it to you to edit and to make sure it's accurate, then you could get jstafford to let you sticky it or even add it as class #4 & #5. I wouldn't be able to get to it till tomorrow or tuesday, but let me know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wooo hooo tomoid! Congratulations.

Matty, I could probably go through the FoxFi thread, cut & paste the instructions to root, from that create one set for stock and one for if on .214 or .215, send it to you to edit and to make sure it's accurate, then you could get jstafford to let you sticky it or even add it as class #4 & #5. I wouldn't be able to get to it till tomorrow or tuesday, but let me know.

Naaaa, don't worry about it darlin. I am going to be busy in the real world this week anyway, but if I did a "Rooting 101" thread I would have to sit down and figure out exactly how to do it to make it simple for the peeps. I appreciate it, but right now I can't get into something that involved. I have a ton going on this week and I'm gonna be on the road quite a bit. But thanks! :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh, perfect... Whew! because I was trying to figure out how long it might take me and where I would fit it in. I may try some in my spare time. If it is any consolation, I spent over 20 years teaching adults and also writing procedural manuals for employees, so writing easy to follow instructions has become second nature to me.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, perfect... Whew! because I was trying to figure out how long it might take me and where I would fit it in. I may try some in my spare time. If it is any consolation, I spent over 20 years teaching adults and also writing procedural manuals for employees, so writing easy to follow instructions has become second nature to me.

Show off!! :rofl3:

After I get through this week I will look into it. :) Thanks!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks Matty! Loved the other thread but you are still answering my questions! Not new to rooting just haven't needed to do it for ages.

That "other thread" (and several others) kinda sorta spawned this thread ... it was easier to do it in one central location LOL :p

But that thread is not only good reference material, but also pure entertainment :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
MattyP >>>>> :icon_censored: X10 :biggrin:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bout time you showed up over here. I was starting to think you weren't going to visit my thread ... :icon_rolleyes: :icon_ poke: :rofl3:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lmao.. of course I've been over here... I've just been the fly on the wall so to speak :) :poke: :eek:

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lmao.. of course I've been over here... I've just been the fly on the wall so to speak :) :poke: :eek:

Oh you were scoping it out to see if I was flirting with any of the students. :rofl3:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No lol.. I was burning up some frets and scoping it all out. After I worked out I was beat.. I have to keep up my chops... lifting as much as I do, I have to be careful or I could start fretting my guitars too hard.. that ruins frets and sounds bad too lol.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No lol.. I was burning up some frets and scoping it all out. After I worked out I was beat.. I have to keep up my chops... lifting as much as I do, I have to be careful or I could start fretting my guitars too hard.. that ruins frets and sounds bad too lol.

This thread just makes it easier than bouncing around the forum and going from thread to thread ... one central location to handle it all. And already have several satisfied customers!! :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I've seen. :) good work man. I'm not a rooter.. its not that hard from what I've seen and read... we've already discussed why lol.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I've seen. :) good work man. I'm not a rooter.. its not that hard from what I've seen and read... we've already discussed why lol.

The .215 leak doesn't require root. But if the phone is rooted it's just a different process. But all very easy. :)