Matrix Bootanimation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HaLo2FrEeEk, Jan 10, 2010.

1. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk New Member

Hey, I was looking around here last night and I came across a Matrix code bootanimation. It was pretty good, but I wanted to see if I could do better, and I think I did. I'm providing the zip file complete and ready to go (just rename it) and you an also watch a video preview of the looping portion. There are also 3 different colors to choose from. Here we go, click the image for the video preview of that color:

.:Green:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    http://infectionist.com/misc/droid/bootanimations/matrix_green.zip

.:Blue:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    http://infectionist.com/misc/droid/bootanimations/matrix_blue.zip

.:Red:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    http://infectionist.com/misc/droid/bootanimations/matrix_red.zip

--------------------------------------------------

Instructions to install:

Download the boot animation zip that you want to use and rename it to bootanimation.zip (in Vista and Windows 7 do not include the .zip at the end, just type bootanimation.)

Next download the Motorola USB Drivers (not the charging drivers) from here:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA

Install that, then plug in your Droid. You'll also need the Android SDK installed. Once you have the SDK installed, navigate to the tools folder, shift-click somewhere in the white area and click "Open command window here", or you can open command prompt from the start menu and use that to navigate to the tools folder.

Copy the bootanimation.zip into the tools folder. In the command prompt window type this:

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

It'll start copying the files, when it's done you'll get a message. These files took about 3.5 seconds to copy to my Droid.

And that's all there is to it. Unplug your Droid and reboot and you should have a beautiful Matrix Code boot animation.

Comments, suggestions, praise...all are welcome.

I also plan to make alternate versions of each of these where the code will fall from the side of the phone, which would be the top when held in the horizontal position.

Disclaimer: I'm not bashing Topsy's bootanimation, I made the original post based on the first version of the matrix bootanimation he posted, not the newest version, which is really good.
  2. messenger13

messenger13 New Member

You didn't "hate" saying it ... or you wouldn't have. :icon_ nono: Just remember: it's a lot easier to improve upon someone else's design rather than coming up with a new one on your own. ;)
  3. cystic

cystic New Member

I like topsys better. Appreciate the effort but do you have anything original to contribute?
  4. blue

blue New Member

Yes really. I'm not the creator of that boot animation, but I'm pretty sure that the creator does get on this forum. I have seen a few of these post, where someone does not like the animation, or what not. Frankly I feel that those comments are rude and need to be kept to ones self. as for going and changing something and posting it up like this is just wrong. these people work hard to make these for you guys, and this is the respect they get. I know mine are not perfect, I'm just leaning the process myself, but we need to give all these guys some respect. They are taking time out of there busy lives to provide you with something different to put on your phone...
  5. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk New Member

Original, huh? Tell me how his was original. It's a matrix bootanimation, he didn't think of the idea, he copied it from the movie. I just took what he did and improved on it. I spent 2 days working on this making it perfect in After Effect.

And likewise do you have anything orig...well, anything at all to contribute? There is no original anymore, just improvements on old ideas. I didn't particularly like topsys, unless he's updated it, so I made a better version.

How about you tell me what you don't like about it and I'll try to update it, instead of just telling me you don't like it. Is it that it doesn't say Droid? I know how you love your droid text.

Edit: blue, I couldn't tell if you were talking ot me or not, but here is why I feel I'm justified in saying it wasn't that great. For one, it's my opinion, I'm allowed to not like something. His animation doesn't loop, mine does. Neither are original and I didn't post mine saying "your sucks and I'm gonna rub my better one in your face." I spent a lot of time on mine and was super excited to post it here, and I just get nagativity back. Where would we be if people didn't improve on other people's work? We wouldn't have the droid, that's for sure.
  6. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Nothing shown is new related to the Matrix.
    Movie was first released in 1999, you do the math.

Eyes on Design - Photoshop tutorial
    Will give you the 3 dimensional + glowing effect you used.

I chose to stick with a traditional 2d effect and didn't like the glow myself but that was a personal preference, not in my opinion better or worse, just choice.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
    Margaret Wolfe Hungerford
  7. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk New Member

No hard feelings, dude, I tend to think more than half the things I make suck, and I usually don't post then. I just particularly liked this piece. I didn't use any tutorials and made the whole animation in adobe after effects using trapcode particular. I plan to make a video tutorial on how I did it, too.

It was just really dissapointing that everyone was judging the work based on what I said about yours. Like you said beauty is in eye of the beholder. I just didn't take to your animation, I wanted to see if I could do better, I thought I did.

I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intent.
  8. Redls1bird

Redls1bird New Member

If you guys just stop and think, technically were all crapping in Motorola/Googles hat for changing the damn thing in the first place. Quit being pricks. If you dont like what he did, dont download and use it. End of discussion.
  9. messenger13

messenger13 New Member

Well ... the man has spoken. You heard him folks. He said, "End of discussion.". And I'm pretty sure he meant it. So if you know what's good for you, you'll stop posting to this thread RIGHT NOW. Not another word! You hear me people! Redls1bird has put his foot DOWN!!! The Voice Of Reason has uttered the words that many longed to hear. With Authority. Yet, with Grace.

We are truly sorry Redls1bird. This thread will be locked. You have my word on it.

:closed_2:

Oh wait!!! I don't have the authority to lock this thread. Darn it!!! And maybe . . . just maybe . . . Redls1bird doesn't have the authority to tell when it's the "end of discussion".

So carry on Folks!!! :biggrin:

And ... umm ... Topsy's Matrix Animations PWNS!!! :icon_ banana:

:icon_ owned:
  10. messenger13

messenger13 New Member

Truly Original

:icon_ devil: hehe
  11. lschmitt

lschmitt New Member

WOW!! All I can do is laugh...lol! Why are you guys getting all worked up over something so stupid? We all love our phones and everyone has the right to their opinions. I didn't find anything in HaLo2FrEeEk's original post as being rude or inconsiderate. Topsy seemed to be cool with it......so......lets just all hit a bong.....oopps, get along:)
  12. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Just for the record here.. I don't think it was very nice to troll on this guy. Maybe he didn't like the other guy's matrix animation so he added his own twist?

Either way, you all should be thankful you have a wider variety to choose from, right? Thats what this place is for, afterall...

So the way I see it, thanks for this new one, and thanks for the one the other guy made (Topsy?).
  13. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I personally like what Topsy has done with it, and quiet frankly he was first. But I would reword your OP and just simply offer another version of a matrix boot animation. No need to bash someone elses work.
  14. messenger13

messenger13 New Member

Just to clarify ... if anyone thinks that I was getting upset, bent out of shape, or whatever, ... think again. I come in here to have fun. I figure we're all adults and can take a little razzing. I dish it out, I take it. It's all good. I would hope. :)
  15. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Very nice animations. As we all should know, variety is the spice of life, so when I update droidboots.com tonight I will add these matrix animations as well as Topsy's most recent. That is of course assuming I get HaLo2FrEeEk's permission. I will just append part of the creator's name to the animation title to distinguish them.
  16. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk New Member

You absolutely have my permission. And for the record again I was commenting on the original bootanimation topsy made, not the most recent. The new one is really good, the first one just didn't do it for me, personally. I made my post based on the first one, I think that's why I'm getting all the bad rap, I'll edit my first post.

And yes, please do add these to your list, I'd be most thankful for that, you can even link the download straight from my server (where the links in the first post point to.) Thank you.
  17. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Don't worry about it.

Your work is good, that's what's matters in the end in my opinion, the rest like i said is a matter of personal preference.

Since it was my work you commented on, I consider it a dead issue, and hope we can all move on.

Personally I'm already starting another project, and looking forward to releasing it soon.
  18. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk New Member

As am I. I have an idea for another bootanimation, and I have a million ideas for apps (that I'll probably never make.)
  19. kevdog

kevdog New Member

More boot animations from both you guys OK? I like both of your works.
  20. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk New Member

You can be sure you'll see at least one more from me, hopefully.
Search tags for this page
android boot animation
android boot animation matrix

android matrix boot animation

blue matrix boot animation
bootanimation
bootanimation android

bootanimation matrix

bootanimation.zip
gif background

matrix android boot animation

matrix boot animation