Matias Duarte says "Cannot say exact date, but will come out November".

mikeinctown

Reaction score
VZW has had the accessories in store apparently for about a week at least already. A month back there as a release date published of the 17th. IIRC I saw something in the last week or so about the 18th... I was unawre of any pre-orders for the Rezound.. It just showed up. I have no doubt this will show up sooner rather than later.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will have to say... I purchased a rezound yesterday and told the guys at vzw is be exchaging it for the galaxy nexus in a few days... They were all like Galaxy Nexus waaaa...??? :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ryno2d

Reaction score
I'm crossing my fingers but at the same time not holding my breath for a release this Friday

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Thursday the 24th is Thanksgiving that won't happen unless it is an order online

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
I think it would be smarter to release this phone this Friday or Monday. Get the rush of geeks like us out of the way so that they can then push the phone for Black Friday and the holidays. Yes it would show excitement for the phone if they waited, but why not get us out of the way...

Plus this Friday is my birthday, so it would be nice if Verizon just did it.

captclueless

Reaction score
Yes! Finally some solid information! I'm glad Matias confirmed a November release because my phone may not make it another month.

Same here. I can't even use my droid 1 anymore. It just locks up too much.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here. I can't even use my droid 1 anymore. It just locks up too much.

Yeah, same here. I purchased a sub $100 like new Fascinate from eBay yesterday to hold me over. OG was driving me nuts. If the Nexus drops soon I'm just going to resell it, or hold on to it until the price drops a bit on the Nexus. No doubt in my mind I can get more than what I paid for it.

Tas

Reaction score
My Droid 1 was so nutty. I wanted to throw it out the window so many times. Then I put a gingerbread rom and boy, I couldn't be happier. It's a tad bit slow but I will take that any day over what it used to do. Phew!!!

And just to keep it on the topic:

Matias said NOVEMBER RELEASE!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Tas

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I am saying the 24th if not tomorrow since they always do Thursday releases

If not the 18th I think it will be the 21st or 25th. But then again Cyber Monday could be a possibility, so no later than the 28th. As long as it's a November release I'll survive.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
releasing the phone on thursday the 24th is a bad idea i highly doubt they will do that. people go to others houses, they dont worry about phones on that day. The 25th (black friday) is a possibility and it in a way does make sense. they can treat the football game and other highly watched television shows on thanksgiving as the "superbowl" advertising opportunity. Now obviously, if it were released black friday, they would have to announce that release date by this week.

as i write more about it, it makes somewhat insane to release it on black friday. Black friday is a day in which all companies have great deals on products, and this year phones are going to have reduced prices. The question i ask myself is this- "To the majority of the public (NOT US), is a one day only amazing deal on a great phone better then an expensive phone, the galaxy nexus?" Black friday is supposed to have one day only deals. releasing the phone on that day is permanent, you dont even have to buy it on that friday. The public can spend their time getting actual deals on products then come back the next day and get the phone.

I think tomorrow would be the best date for vzw. The reason they like thursdays (my opinion) is that it gives the public the full weekend to buy the phone while the people who are obsessed with it can just go and get it on the first day. It may also just work out better for them in their schedule but this is probably a factor. Thats my thoughts on the subject. Peace :happy:

and grats on ninja status sbenson!

birddroid

Reaction score
i think black friday would be abad idea. i just really hope it is sooner than later