Master list of ROM's?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Amall, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Amall

Amall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Master list of ROM's

Okay, I don't know if this would be helpful for anybody else or not, but it seems like with so many ROM's and variants out there right now it would be helpful to have some sort of master list. At the very least, it would have a list of all the ROM's and download locations, but it could even be nicer and give a brief list of each of the ROM's features/included fixes.

Does anybody know if somebody has made such a thing?

EDIT: I guess not, so I'll just keep one in this post. I don't really know a ton about this stuff, so I'm basically reposting whatever people add in their replies. Feel free to contribute new ROM's, feature/bug lists, or variant ROM's, and I'll try to keep it neatly organized here. Thanks for your help!

------------------------------------------------

CURRENT ROM LIST:

2.1 Newest Nexus One Port, including multi-touch browser

2.1 ERD72 by Greek53T - Release V 0.0.4 (Reverted to Droid OMAP3 Kernel)

2.1 build ERD79 by humancyborg - Nexus Droid

2.1 SenseUI by humancyborg AllDroid.org - Sense 2.1 meet Mr. Droid VERY UNSTABLE - NOT FOR REGULAR USE - DOES NOT DETECT BATTERY

2.0 Milestone -> Droid by Eugene373 & Barakinflorida Stock Milestone Port for Droid. (Includes Multitouch) 12/31/09

Credit: iSecks

2. evilone

evilone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great idea

i agree,

this would be most helpful... great idea imho

3. iSecks

iSecks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far there's only 4 roms. There are tons of variations on those roms, but most are just simple fixes or tweaks. The four are as follows:

2.1 ERD72 by Greek53T AllDroid.org - View topic - Release V 0.0.4 Here. Reverted to Droid OMAP3 Kernel
    2.1 build ERD79 by humancyborg AllDroid.org - View topic - [Rom] Nexus Droid
    2.0 Milestone -> Droid by Eugene373 & Barakinflorida AllDroid.org - View topic - Stock Milestone Port for Droid. Update.zip Ready 12/31/09
    2.1 SenseUI by humancyborg AllDroid.org - View topic - [Rom] Sense 2.1 meet Mr. Droid VERY UNSTABLE - NOT FOR REGULAR USE - DOES NOT DETECT BATTERY

Amall: instead of copy+pasting, quote me. That way the bold face and the links will stay in the post.

4. droid d'oh

droid d'oh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sticky please!

5. Melon Bread

Melon Bread Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, Sticky

6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Gang,

Sticky is likley to not happen. We discussed this briefly a week or so ago, and Rintin agreed that mods to the phone are likley not to get stickied much, for liability reasons. But then we did get a new sticky shortly thereafter, so perhaps things are/will change slowly.

What I would recommend is that folks subscribe to this thread, and as the need arises search your subscribed threads and link back to this. This is an excellent thread, and is desperately needed here in some method, as these sortof different but kinda the same links/threads/roms are scattered here and there within posts here and on Alldroid.

And I think it is critical that the new folks here try to understand the subtle differences with each Rom. Alas, it's probably not gonna happen enmass, as I have never been involved with forums of a particular type where here so many new folks lack the ability/skills/maturity/patience to even perform minimal seaching. I wish you luck with this thread.

Craig

edit: Forgot to add, perhaps at least on of the mods can add it to the sticky above pertaining to popular threads. This would be helpful if the OP here is willing to stay on this, and perhaps update the first post. If we have to rely on newer and better information on Roms to permeate from within the thread, x pages down, it is gonna become a cluster you know what like many of the others.

7. Amall

Amall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad to see there's so much support! I'll keep this updated as long as people contribute in the thread—I'm not an expert in this stuff, which is exactly why I'm happy to be able to contribute in this capacity.

8. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Id only make this thread a stick if the first post is fixed with proper working links.

9. Amall

Amall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. ashkev843

ashkev843 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone used milestone rom? Is there any real advantage to it...I want to try it, but I hate redoing all my info, etc. Anyone?

11. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Amall,

Not trying to be negative here, but man I wish you luck. I am guessing that you have sorted out that Alldroid started to create a systematic approach to the Roms. If you got a Rom, you get your own subforum. Then you create the links to the Rom. Add a bug thread. Add a fix thread, and all the while keep your rom and versions and fixes straight for everyone.

I think things are a little broken down over there, as it is pretty hard to sort out which rom is using which kernel, who's got SU, which roms have what "fixes", etc. There also appears to be a little "infighting" as to who did what to which rom, and who dumped the rom, etc. My suggestion would be try to read through everything over there, see if you can find a common name of a member who might be involved across the boards, and see if they will offer you some clarification. I am sure this is all gonna shake out well in the end, but right now things are kinda "ugly". And oh, you are a bigger man than me for taking this on.

Craig

12. iSecks

iSecks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is humancyborg's 2.1 rom in the form of an update.zip. I've never tried it, as I like being able to pick which rom I want to flash, and you can't do that with an update.zip yet. For example, I've got all of the roms listed in the first post on my SD card in the nandroid folder, each named whatever they are, like 2.1-Greek-??? or 2.1-HC-???.

13. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    that's why i like it over here.. we are cooler. ;)

14. Amall

Amall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it is quite a mess. I'll try to sort things out and update this (as time permits), but of course the best solution would be for them to just get their act together over at alldroid...

15. iSecks

iSecks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'm active both here and on AllDroid. While the system over there may seem broken down, it's really a good way of doing this. If you go look at xda developers G1 section, they've got hundreds of threads for each developer, and each developer updates his/her own thread with updates. It may seem very hectic/unorganized, but there's really no way of organizing it any better, unless someone is willing to spend tons of time writing something about each rom. While right now there aren't many different roms to choose from, and that can be done easily, it's going to start becoming a mess in the future. I'll try to keep this thread posted on what's new, and hopefully Amall can update the first post to keep people up to date. =].

Newest rom: AllDroid.org - View topic - [ROM] NexusOne Updated - Multitouch & More
    Credits to:
    -Humancyborg
    - Greek35T
    - Eugene373
    - Barakinflorida
    - t3hSteve [ Multitouch Browser ]
    - everyone else from AllDroid.org that contributed, and forgot to mention!

Has:
    -Droid Boot Screen
    -SU/Superuser App /*Note: I don't believe the Superuser App is working, and it's still the su binary from magicandroidapps.com ~ iSecks */
    -All ringtones from Droid Nexus & Milestone
    -Transparent Grey Status Bar
    -Keyboard Backlight seems to be working - Still not 100%
    -Multi Touch Browser - Make sure you uncheck fit to screen in Browser Settings!
    -Removed all Apps but original's

Search tags for this page

romflash wm8505