Master Google Android: 40 Tips and Tricks

darel60

Reaction score
Hi.
Hey man thanks for sharing this tips and tricks.
These are really useful.

dimaj

Reaction score
Just saw this post and it is great for newbies, like myself!

Just found this site, and registered. Got the Moto Droid Saturday and just starting to unlearn all my Windows Mobile Dell Axim habits. This was perfect for a noob.
Now if I could just get smaller fingers for the on-screen keyboard!
;)
Get Swype and you're all set

SWYPE rocks:icon_ banana:
I have to agree that swype is the best! I've had it on my WinMo and it was the first app I installed on my droid. Once you try it - you're hooked :)

nukularpower

Reaction score
Arrgh @ OP. Photoshop Mobile is VERY easy to beat. Get Picsay Free, it does way more, and better. And Picsay Pro (it costs like 2 dollars) is like having a fully featured Photoshop on your phone, I do decent looking head swaps etc. in like 2 minutes flat with it.

In comparison, the actual photoshop app is slow, harder to use, and doesnt do a hell of a lot.

Here is a suggestion for tip 41: To turn on a super-awesome looking GPS, and make all your friends with garmins/tomtoms jealous, while using Google Navigator: Tap the menu button, then Layers, then turn on Satellite. Voila, no more white and yellow lines, your gps now is the best looker around!

Another related tip: If you use the GPS feature at all, download the free app "Google Map Address Book." It allows saving of locations for one-touch navigation.

And, of course, if you plan on texting.. Save yourself frustration and get Handcent SMS. NOW!!

Last edited:

JohnDoeJohnDoes

Reaction score
Also, with the Mobile Defense should I have it tracking/connected to my phone the entire time or just if I lose it?

djenks24

Reaction score
New Droid User, First Thread Read

This is exactly what I was looking for. Info on the phone and its OS as well as Apps. Thanks and keep them coming.

watersrules

Reaction score
just read this for the first time.. wish I would have read the post DAY 1!! Something as simple as shortcut dialing is a huge help.