Master Google Android: 40 Tips and Tricks

cyber3d

Reaction score
to mute an incoming call ring/vibration, press the volume button once. You don't need to unlock.

rob15594

Reaction score
Point 18 is misleading. Google voice is not free text. You will get billed for every sms message you receive on your phone unless you have a text plan already. It is just a forwarding service. FYI

I used Google Voices free texting for months on my old Blackberry, I never paid a penny for it. Its slow but worked for what I needed.

calicocal

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this has been posted here at least once before, but I could be wrong.

NYZ93

Reaction score
yea millions of times but its always good to have alot so people could find it easier in the future

Ace Benjamin

Reaction score
Great Thread

Very nice indeed. I learned a few new things myself, and I've been all over this phone like a hobo on a ham sandwich. :)

RabidWolf

Reaction score
Excellent info indeed

Just found this site, and registered. Got the Moto Droid Saturday and just starting to unlearn all my Windows Mobile Dell Axim habits. This was perfect for a noob.
Now if I could just get smaller fingers for the on-screen keyboard!
;)

roberinot

Reaction score
Great Job!! You should add iheartradio to the list which allows you to listen to over the air radio from any location without having to be in that city!

RabidWolf

Reaction score
Just found this site, and registered. Got the Moto Droid Saturday and just starting to unlearn all my Windows Mobile Dell Axim habits. This was perfect for a noob.
Now if I could just get smaller fingers for the on-screen keyboard!
;)
Get Swype and you're all set

Thanks for that, but my problem is fat and dry fingers. It just gets the wrong letters, or none at all.

Grins,

RW

Vonnieb54

Reaction score
Verizon cases too big for... well everything.

I just got my Droid. After 2 years as a iphone user, it just seemed like a natural progression for my new work phone. Still have the iphone as my personal phone. I'm impressed with the Droid. The 40 tips were great! Thank you.
People need to be aware that when you buy a gel or hard case for your Droid...it does not fit into the car mount or the docking station without removing the case first. THAT is easier said than done.
Verizon does have a case/car mount combo that seems to be a good choice for the case/car mount dilema. Not sure what to tell you about the docking situation.

Question about texting. I send a lot of addresses to my techs for new jobs while they are on the road. I wasn't able to put my message in a address format. What am I doing wrong?
Name
Street
City, State Zip