Massive Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrk4rapture

Reaction score
I just switched from the Blackberry Tour to the D2G and, frankly, I want my blackberry back. For my first Android phone, this has been a massive disappointment. Battery life is insanely awful. The blackberry couldn't do some things that this phone can do, but everything it did do, it did very well. This phone does nothing well, and I'm so afraid to ever use it for anything because the battery will just POUR out. And I have ZERO widgets on the home screens. none.

This phone sucks something major. I'm returning it and waiting for the iphone, unless someone can suggest a droid that doesn't suck.

r314bd

Reaction score
Battery life is insanely awful.
That's strange. In 99% of these cases with a new D2G it's some app that is set to sync very frequently (i.e. email, news/weather, widgets, tempmonitor, etc.) The other 1% can likely be attributed to hardware/battery defects, in which case you should try a replacement. My D2G's battery life is excellent.
The blackberry couldn't do some things that this phone can do, but everything it did do, it did very well. This phone does nothing well
Anything specific?
This phone sucks something major. I'm returning it and waiting for the iphone
LOL. No comment :p

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android isn't for everyone - but it is for me :D

rlfitz

Reaction score
thanks for stopping by..

Make sure you hold your Iphone the right way..

cgull

Reaction score
As a 8 year BB user I disagree with the OP. My experience with D2G has been stellar. No way I am going back.

I will admit that I have rooted, replaced blur with LP and got the 1500ma battery. Using touchdown and it works great.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

brochaos

Reaction score
every blackberry user that i've helped switched to android complains about their battery life too.............because they can't put the phone down. sure blackberries last forver when they sit there doing nothing for 95% of the time, only to be used for a quick text or email.

lbovill

Reaction score
I agree with the majority, this phone rocks. I was a long time iPhone user, and switched to android with the Evo 4G. Eventually I realized that I needed gsm for my work and travel, so I sold the wonderful Evo for an even better D2G. This phone does anything I want, without question and when I need it. Having use BBs in the past I have no idea what the OP is missing besides maybe BB im.

Either way thanks for the input I will remember that there are those who don't care that their phones are hampered. Good luck and enjoy limited customization.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

pbarch1

Reaction score
While I completely love my D2G I do miss the way my BB handled messaging. Android does everything else much better.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Beyond

Reaction score
I have to agree on some things.. i do miss the way my Blackberry handled messaging. Esp BB IM. (had a storm, but i couldn't take the way it kept hanging and freezing and memory leaking all over the place. ugh..) everything else tho.. i really like my droid2 global so far. the apps, and multimedia are insane. Also, the signal on the phone is much better than my old storm (tho maybe i beat it up too much)

I do dislike the battery life... but that may because i'm actually using the device more. (multimedia) i bought a second battery. and i keep switching once i fully drain the battery. I do like the fact that the device boots up in less than a minute. (the storm would take like 4-5 minutes to reboot).

Last edited:

anguish

Reaction score
If battery life is the biggest issue, how is it a fail? I know of few smartphones that can top the battery life of a Blackberry. And if you think the iPhone will be any better, you best think again.

That said, the D2G does have pretty lousy battery life, but I can go a full day with use to the equivalent of what I used to use my Blackberry and I have no issues at all. I do have to charge it every night, but that's been the case with every smartphone I've had, with the exception of the Blackberry.

Mistah

Reaction score
I came from the blackberry family, carried one on tmobile and one on verizon. Got the droid 1 as ab upgrade on my verizon account and immediately got rid of my other blackberry for an android phone. Battery isn't as good as blackberry but the things the android os can do vs. what a blackberry can do out weigh the battery issue by tons.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

zero7404

Reaction score
your reaction is normal being a bb user going to another platform ...

the d2g is notoriously bad with battery life out of the box but theres things u can do to tweak the phone and improve that ...

some of the most worthwhile methods would be getting titanium backup pro (paid app) and freezing some apps that are useless ... another would be to load a new rom like fission/fusion.

many ppl that loaded a different rom claim battery life & performance much better, but ive seen some talking about bugs with the roms ...

if you like the look/feel out of the box, i suggest you root the phone with z4root, get titanium backup pro, then freeze some apps youll never use. careful with what you freeze, do a search on here there are suggestions and tips on what you can/cannot freeze safely.

i get a good 24 hrs with moderate use using the moto bp7x battery.

sent via wireless device

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread was started on 12/08 by a poster who made one post, probably finished it and went back to the Verizon store immediately. I'm sure if you go to Crackberry you can find him on 12/09 talking about how great Blackberry is and how bad Android is.

I don't see why there is any need to try to change his mind.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.