Massive CM7 issue

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by DracoZaroff, Mar 5, 2011.

1. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I've got to be the only person on the planet with this problem. I've been trying for about a month to run the nightly builds of CM7 on my D1. For the most part it works well. Doesn't run slow or anything. Occasionally it will reboot out of no where but not too often.
    The big issue I have is that every so often, and on every build I've tried, my phone will eventually get completely FUBAR. It will lag out until it all out freezes, then it will go to the boot animation. The boot animation will freeze once and start over, then it will get to the lock screen with no background displaying 6:00pm, January 01 and freeze before starting the whole cycle over again.
    Nothing I have tried will fix it after this other than pulling the battery and recovering with a nandroid backup. I can't imagine this problem would be allowed to continue if it was happening to everyone, so it's got to be something wrong with what I'm doing.
    I really love using CM7 but I can't keep dealing with this issue like this. Any ideas?

2. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    wow, I've never had anything even close to that. I'm running the deprimed kernel with compcache and VM heap turned all the way up too

Are you using the stock kernel? Have you tried another?

3. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did try the reprimed kernal and I'm pretty sure I had the same problem. I also have VM and compcache turned all the way up.

One suspect if someone doesn't mind trying is an app called Personal Wallpaper by Jimop. At it's worst my phone often reboots when that app tries to change the wallpaper.

4. jengas kahn

jengas kahn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    do you wipe prior to install?

5. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sure did. I tried a number of times for my first install and had a bunch of problems with my app backups. In the end I reinstalled all my apps without restoring my titanium backups.

6. beaton3344

beaton3344 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try making a backup of your SD card on your computer. Format SD, put rom of choice on sd. Then boot into recovery and wipe data - cache, then format boot, system, cache, data, sd-ext. Then wipe dalvik and battery in advanced. Not sure if this helps or hurts but I always reboot recovery in advanced settings After all that i Install rom.

This is how I do every rom works perfect for me. Seldom have any errors if the roms good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would follow beaton3344's steps and then install only the bare minimum of apps you NEED and run that for a bit. See if the problem occurs (I'm assuming it usually happens about the same time past installation of the ROM) and then gradually add apps back by priority to try and narrow it down to an app if that's the cause.

8. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually it happens totally at random. Sometimes it's stable for hours. And sometimes it will work great for over a week.

9. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did as beaton3344 suggested and so far things are going well. It did reset once and looked like it was up to it's old games but it worked it out and hasn't given me any trouble since. Thanks guys.

10. lotus22

lotus22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would not use CompCache. It made my phone slower over time.

11. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just reboot

12. beaton3344

beaton3344 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use aCCleaner from the market...

13. beaton3344

beaton3344 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also one thing I've noticed that helped, if you open terminal and su - then type fix_permissions - then type reboot after completed.