1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Mass Texts

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by wioneo, Feb 18, 2011.

1. wioneo

wioneo New Member

Every Christmas I send a postcard text to a few(under 100) people and have been doing that for years. This year, I expected it to be easier than ever with the shiny new Droid 2.

However, I noticed that adding more than I think...ten? contacts at a time will do nothing, and it will not tell you that you are wasting your time while checking names.

So I tried a few of the top results for "mass text" or something similar and none of them worked at all. Eventually I ended up just sending multiple times with 10 names at a time, which *seemed* to work.

However a few days later around the 27th I had people telling me that they just got it, which obviously defeats the purpose of a merry Christmas. So is there some trick to get the Droid 2 to send several texts?(with an embedded picture).
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

VZW has always had a 10 recipient limit, no matter the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. wioneo

wioneo New Member

How exactly does that limit work? Is it ten per hour or something like that?
  4. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

I think it's always been a 10 person limit. And no, it's not ten per hour. You can only send one text to up to 10 people at a time. Did you have a different carrier/phone in the past? As far as I can remember, all of my feature phones had a 10 person limit for just one text.
  5. wioneo

wioneo New Member

I just switched to Verizon last year...but I feel like it was before Christmas, and I did not have any issues last year...memory could be fuzzy though I need to check that.

So, shouldn't sending multiple messages to 10 people each immediately after each other work?
  6. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

yes. I would imagine that all you would have to do is copy the text you want to send and save it as a draft after you put in ten people. Then load up another ten contacts and paste the text and repeat for however many people you need to send it to.
Search tags for this page

how can i send more than 10 text on htc incrediable

how to mass text on android

how to mass text on rezound

how to reply to a mass text of more than 10 on a thunderbolt

how to send a mass text on droid incredible

how to send mass text on motorola electrify

limit 10 recipients in text motorola electrify
mass text from verizon?

mass text verizon

send mass text motorola electrify

send mass text verizon