Mass Texts

wioneo

Reaction score
Every Christmas I send a postcard text to a few(under 100) people and have been doing that for years. This year, I expected it to be easier than ever with the shiny new Droid 2.

However, I noticed that adding more than I think...ten? contacts at a time will do nothing, and it will not tell you that you are wasting your time while checking names.

So I tried a few of the top results for "mass text" or something similar and none of them worked at all. Eventually I ended up just sending multiple times with 10 names at a time, which *seemed* to work.

However a few days later around the 27th I had people telling me that they just got it, which obviously defeats the purpose of a merry Christmas. So is there some trick to get the Droid 2 to send several texts?(with an embedded picture).

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
VZW has always had a 10 recipient limit, no matter the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
How exactly does that limit work? Is it ten per hour or something like that?

Reaction score
I think it's always been a 10 person limit. And no, it's not ten per hour. You can only send one text to up to 10 people at a time. Did you have a different carrier/phone in the past? As far as I can remember, all of my feature phones had a 10 person limit for just one text.

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
I just switched to Verizon last year...but I feel like it was before Christmas, and I did not have any issues last year...memory could be fuzzy though I need to check that.

So, shouldn't sending multiple messages to 10 people each immediately after each other work?

Reaction score
yes. I would imagine that all you would have to do is copy the text you want to send and save it as a draft after you put in ten people. Then load up another ten contacts and paste the text and repeat for however many people you need to send it to.