Mass Storage, etc

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by lawdude, Jul 23, 2012.

1. lawdude

lawdude New Member

I see that I have 3 options when connecting my Droid Maxx to USB connection. They are "Mass Storage", "Media Device", and "Camera". What are the practical differences between them?
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

While there's more to the technical differences, but here's a basic rundown.

"Mass storage" connects the phone as if it's a USB drive or external hard drive. You have the most direct options with this for transferring files.

"Media device" connects the phone as if it's a media device such as a MP3 player. You'll still have much of the functionality of mass storage (although not all), and since the computer is reading as a media device, media management programs that are compatible with the phone will be able to read it as a media device in order to transfer media - songs, videos, etc.

"Camera" connects the phone as if it's a digital camera. You'll have similar access to "media device," except the computer reads it as a camera. This allows compatible photo management programs to read the phone as a camera and transfer images and videos.

Most users find mass storage mode to be the most preferable of the three.
Search tags for this page
@mssistorage.com
cannot connect as mass storage droidmaxx
droid maxx mass stroage

droid razr mass storage mode

droid razr maxx mass storage device

in car droid connects as mass storage device
mass storage or media

maxxmass

media options droid maxx
razr maxx use as a mass storage device
what is difference mass storage mode and media