Marvel's Special Offer for Limited Time; Download 700 Comics Free on iOS and Android

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 11, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

If you are a comic book fan and own an Android or iOS device, you will want to jump on this amazing deal right away. Marvel has just announced that for a limited time only you can download over 700 comics from both Marvel and DC to your iOS or Android device! You just need to head over to your respective content store and grab the ComiXology Comics app to download them.

The offer expires Tuesday night at 11pm EDT, so you have about 36 hours to nab this amazing deal! Here are the links below.

Source: Marvel ComiXology Comics app - iTunes & Google Play Store
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

Keeps saying I am not connected to the Internet when trying to browse the store. Too many nerds downloading free stuff. ;)

Edit: Can't even hit their website to register, they were not prepared for the work load this deal would create.

Update: To anyone who cares, I was able to finally register but the site is going really slow and comics are taking awhile to load into my cart, if at all. Still trying though!

Update 2: Have been able to get 9 comics so far, taking forever but getting there.
  3. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Same issue here, LOL:blink:
  4. jinxerfelix

jinxerfelix New Member

[h=1]A Message From The CEO[/h]Posted on March 11th, 2013 - 16:07 PM by David SteinbergerTo our customers:
    It’s been a whirlwind weekend, and we’re fresh from SXSW where Marvel Comics launched their Marvel #1 promotion featuring over 700 free comics distributed via our platform.
    We expected a high degree of excitement for the Marvel initiative – and had believed ourselves prepared – but unfortunately we became overwhelmed by the immense response. We’re still struggling to keep our systems up.
    The result is that you aren’t getting your comics when and where you want.
    We don’t like letting you down. Our teams are working around the clock to resolve these issues so that you can have the experience you’ve come to expect.
    To that end, we’re pausing the Marvel Comics #1 promotion for the time being. For those of you that want to take advantage of the offer – you will get your comics! Until we are able to reinstate this program in our systems, please click here and fill out this simple form, so you can be informed as soon as there is an update.
    We’ll be communicating with you as often as we can and deeply appreciate the outpouring of support we’ve seen from our customers while we right the ship.
    David Steinberger
    CEO and co-founder
    comiXology
  5. Sydman

I was finally able to navigate the up and down time of the servers and get about 30 comics. Will check back later tomorrow when it calms down and make sure I didn't miss any ones I wanted.
  6. Sydman

I can't log into the app to see my comics, keeps saying my user name and password are invalid. Logging into the site works fine. Anyone else see this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  7. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

It is official, their servers are down, and the promotion
    will be held at another time. Their servers just crashed, complete overload.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
    1 person likes this.
  8. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

The power of the nerdgasm should never be underestimated.
    1 person likes this.
  9. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

:D Wow. Attack of the comicnerds!!
    1 person likes this.
Search tags for this page

marvel promotion invalid link

super special offer ios