Martian Notifier hybrid smartwatch on DEEP Discount!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll hang on to mine for a while, but I know the wife is probably thinking similarly to you Pere, each time she sees it. She tolerates my love of gadgets very well, but I know it's still a bit crazy to her sometimes. You should've seen the look on her face when I told her I ordered the Martian after having already upgraded to the Urbane from the OG G watch. The price helps smooth that one over though. Ha!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am going to give mine away. I'll be doing that soon on this very site.
I just see both watches on my night stand in the morning and I simply see no reason to choose the Martian over the Moto.
I wake to a Gear S, Gear Fit and Martian. Depending on the mood I might grab any one of the 3 but the S wins most days.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I wanted to love it. I don't hate it. But once you've driven the Caddy, it's hard to go back to the Chevy, I guess. :D

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, if you could do just a LITTLE more with it, I think it'd stand more of a chance against my Urbane. Still not bad for the price and I may hang on to it for some activities that I might otherwise not wear the Urbane for to still get notifications on my wrist, but I don't see it winning the daily decision. I think I will go ahead and pair it to my phone again though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanted to love it. I don't hate it. But once you've driven the Caddy, it's hard to go back to the Chevy, I guess. :D
With the Notifier vs the S I feel like it's going from a Beamer to a bicycle. Both will fulfill my needs but only 1 satisfies my "new found needs" , aka wants. It's like I could totally get by on a flip phone but...... Again this Martian Notifier watch is a great way to find out inexpensively if a smartwatch is for one before plunking down a C note + for most of them.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
New to the smartwatch community, I pulled this thread up and started reading. Just finished (not very busy at work, obviously) and have to thank you for the information AND entertainment! I don't know if those who were participating in this thread since the beginning will be able to see it the same way those of us with fresh eyes do, but I had several moments of audible chuckles as I read through some of you anxiously awaiting the delivery of your watch -- all the way to reading your reactions to the thing after using a full featured smartwatch for awhile.
I truly appreciate all the information you shared and will certainly keep it in mind if I come across someone who thinks they would be intimidated with a AW smartwatch, but wants to dabble with the idea.
No need to respond, I don't have anything informative to add to your thread, just wanted to say thanks!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Lost the specialized, extra long plug charger for my Martian and the "smart" part of the watch died even though I had it "off". I was going to use it again while waiting for my 6P to be repaired and returned to me, but that and the idea that I'd have to reset the watch anyway to repair it with the 6P lead me to leave the Martian on my nightstand and just reset my Watch Urbane.

k1601

Reaction score
I haven't worn mine in probably a month or better. I just stick with the gshock

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk