Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
A feature I would love to see is when in the notification shows up "searching for location" I want exact details on which app is requesting it. Everytime I turn my screen on I get that notice and it drives nuts. I want to be able to see which app is always asking

I know I can see GPS usage but it doesn't show me exactly what is calling for it.

I would like to see more control over location reporting. I want some apps to only request location when I open them not all the time.

Note 4tified

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's not so much the features as how smooth it runs.. Hopefully across devices as I can only speak about Nexus 6.. And @pc747 I will always take the ROM with tweaks.. But you know M runs great where I've stayed on the preview for weeks..

S6E+ tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not so much the features as how smooth it runs.. Hopefully across devices as I can only speak about Nexus 6.. And @pc747 I will always take the ROM with tweaks.. But you know M runs great where I've stayed on the preview for weeks..

S6E+ tapatalk

I been on M for my Nexus 5 since P1 but kept my nexus 6 on L because of wanting root. Then again they already have Root for M. But yeah I have been impressed with M and cant wait for the update next week.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
With some apps, I wish there were a control that prevented them from running in the background. For instance, I might poke around on the eBay app once a month, yet I always find it running. I don't need the alerts--I have email for that. I eventually ended up uninstalling it and using eBay's mobile view. That is just one example. I realize there are other ways to do it, but this is something that could at least be offered in stock Android. In fact, it would be a good addition to the permissions system: "This app wants to run in the background. If you disable this, you will no longer receive notifications from this app." Something simple.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I read somewhere today that the 2012 Nexus 7 is actually excluded from the update. Guess it's the end of the new software road for my e-reader without root & ROM

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I read somewhere today that the 2012 Nexus 7 is actually excluded from the update. Guess it's the end of the new software road for my e-reader without root & ROM
I wonder why. The 2013 model isn't much different.

I'll be updating my 2013 ASAP. I was using ScottRom but it was getting laggy. Flashed it back to stock LP without any issues.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know that my Nexus 6 will be updated to 6.0, my question is will my LG G Pad 8.3 Google edition receive 6.0, it's currently running 5.1.