Market?

chron12

Reaction score
How come in every froyo rom I've flashed it doesn't have the market fix included? I was running jrummys 5.09 and it didn't have it now I'm running UD extreme 3.5 and it doesn't have it. Apps like slingplayer and other paid apps just don't show up. What has to be modified in the build.prop to make these show?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anuraj1

Reaction score
The build.prop's API level has to be lowered to trick the market into thinking you are running 2.1. App developers need to update their apps in the market to make them appear for 2.2. If you apply the market fix, some 2.2 specific apps like Adobe Flash won't show up in the market. So to get around that, I back up my apps with Titanium Backup, restore them after flashing a new ROM and leave the market in 2.2 mode so I can see the newest apps.

OP
C

chron12

Reaction score
I do back them up and restore them but then on the apps I have that don't show up I won't receive updates.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Hopefully the app devs will start making their apps visible to 2.2. You can edit the build.prop yourself, there is an entry that says "API Level." You have to lower it from 8 to 7 or 6 I believe and then you can raise it back up to 8. Make sure you keep a copy of it in case you run into any problems.

Last edited:
OP
C

chron12

Reaction score
Thank you

OP
C

chron12

Reaction score
Ok the only thing I saw about the api level was at 16 and on the market fix update its also 16 one thing I saw different was the fingerprint on the fix said 2.1-update1/ese81. I'm assuming that is what's different?

anuraj1

Reaction score
I think it is actually listed as SDK, not API level. sorry about that.

ro.build.version.sdk=8

That's the limit of my knowledge on the subject though. You might have some luck comparing the two different files and checking to see if anything else is changed.