Market wont download

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Put me down for having the same problem! I go to update my apps and it starts by showing "starting download" then "downloading" but nothing downloads. Then it goes to "paused download" for a while until it says "download unsuccessful". Very frustrating.

I tried deleting that file that was mentioned but I don't have that file in that spot or on my phone for that matter.

exqueezme

Reaction score
Yeah, this just started happening to me as well, please shed light on this, thanks

ghostmachine418

Reaction score
Same here. I can't update Google Maps or Titanium Backup. I tried uninstalling them (after a backup, of course) and rebooting to reinstall them from scratch. No dice. Cleared all market data, rebooted, still nothing. Couldn't find the previously mentioned file to delete it. Help please!

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Im not getting any download error but when I try to download an app it never starts. It just says starting download for about 30 seconds then just disappears:icon_eek:

CyD

Reaction score
Having the same problem on Chevy 4.8. Its not a ROM thing.

snot

Reaction score
About a week ago, I started having the problem where all app updates were "unsuccessful" and I was going crazy.

I finally fixed this problem by deleting the smdl2tmp1.asec file from the directory where apps are stored on the SD card (/mnt/secure/asec/) using Root Explorer.

I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

I do not have the smdl2tmp1.asec file, used root explorer to search...

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
The market is down. I had some friends and even my mom try to download stuff with no luck.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter root or not. It's just down.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jokerz

Reaction score
There are other threads on this market issue. Someone on one of the 6 threads on this topic said that they had friends that had stock droids and that their phones wouldn't download or update apps so I'm pretty sure that there is probably something wrong with the market right now and it will probably be working soon.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not ROM related... it's the Market that's shot right now.

Google... get it together...