Market won't download after installing root 588

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Have you tried just restoring the data from your previous backup? Or have you downloaded the market fix from Jrummy?
I did that after flashing LGB and all is well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

maximumpower

Reaction score
fix.apk worked! Thank you thank you thank you.

After all my searching last night, I never saw that post. (about the market fix)

Out of curiosity though, what do you mean by restoring data from a backup? The backup that Liberty Toolbox creates? TB?

I always read it was best to restore apps through the market and only restore data through TB.

Thanks again for the help!

Scallywag1

Reaction score
After I flashed LGB. I let it all load. The market had problems and accounts menu wouldn't let me in. So I bootstrapped and advanced restored just data from my backup.
I haven't had a single problem that is major. 2 very minor problems that I'm sure will be fixed soon knowing jrummys work.
Glad to help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mreyeball

Reaction score
I had the same issue as OP after flashing .588 I've tried all the suggestions in the thread, but none have worked. I did notice something odd though, when I went to the Market on my pc and looked at "My Gallery", many of the apps showed up as "Installed" even though they weren't on my phone. That seems odd. Also, the list of apps is alphabetical, and stops around G...so everything after that doesn't show at all...though that could be a website issue and not phone related.

Scallywag1

Reaction score
I had the same issue as OP after flashing .588 I've tried all the suggestions in the thread, but none have worked. I did notice something odd though, when I went to the Market on my pc and looked at "My Gallery", many of the apps showed up as "Installed" even though they weren't on my phone. That seems odd. Also, the list of apps is alphabetical, and stops around G...so everything after that doesn't show at all...though that could be a website issue and not phone related.

Search for jrummys market fix apk. That'll do it

Sent from my Liberty GB v5 DX

mreyeball

Reaction score

Unfortunately it didn't work. Tried it when the problem first surfaced, and then today I went back to Froyo and flashed GB again...same problem, market apk still didn't help. I'm flummoxed.

Scallywag1

Reaction score

Unfortunately it didn't work. Tried it when the problem first surfaced, and then today I went back to Froyo and flashed GB again...same problem, market apk still didn't help. I'm flummoxed.

Only other thing I can think of is clear market cache and google services framework cache, reboot. Try again

mreyeball

Reaction score

Only other thing I can think of is clear market cache and google services framework cache, reboot. Try again

I just realized that I'm not rooted right now, so the market apk wouldn't have worked anyway. I'm going to root and try again. I was rooted last night when it didn't work, but hopefully this time it'll help.