Market Update 2.6.6 on MIUI 0.12.3.2

iamasongnow

Reaction score
Zb, why are we rooting our phones at all then? I think it boils down to because we can. either that or because it's fun or we're bored.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Its new and we want to try it. Its really not that big of a deal

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

Z

ZeroBarrier

I'm not blaming anyone on anything. I'm simply saying wrong forum, but alas, everyone is always so defensive around here when they get pointed out. It's like no one has a good tough layer of skin anymore.

And we root to attain more control over the very devices we own. Because after plopping the money down, this phone belongs to me; not Verizon, not Motorola, but me. And I want as much control over my device as possible.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
its in the wrong place, who cares? it has to do with miui and hacks. if a mod wants to move it they will. no need for the junior mod. youve turned this thread into a big conversation with paragraphs about why its in the wrong place and getting all serious on us. im going to unsubscribe now and i hope i dont come across your way too serious attitude again. just chill out and relax.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
The new market pushes to the phone on its own... and all I really notice that's different is the comments and related tabs, other than that I noticed nothing different... shows how much I pay attention

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
H

hbah427

Reaction score
haha i go to the forum after not being on all day. First thing i see, ZB getting snappy. It's comforting to know certain things will always be the same.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Heh, I just don't understand people's constant need to make excuses or explain why they did something when they're not entirely in the "right".

But that's irrelevant. Why are so many people trying to shove a different market app with a higher (not necessarily updated, mind you) version number onto their phones? Does it do something so new and so awesome that I'm not aware of? Does it fix any critical flaws from the "previous" (lower) version? Because if it just does that same bloody thing as version 1.82, then trying to force "update" it seems like a waste of time and energy.

It's a completely different UI and I imagine it's rewritten to be faster and solve a lot of the lag that people have when searching for and downloading apps.

Z

ZeroBarrier

And the pot calls the kettle black; classic...

I'd say you're the pot and he's the kettle.

I believe you don't know what that phrase means, or it's meaning completely escapes you.

It's a completely different UI and I imagine it's rewritten to be faster and solve a lot of the lag that people have when searching for and downloading apps.

So other than a different UI, nothing. Unless you've found an official or even unofficial change log, then you have no way of knowing/proving it's faster, solves lag problems, correct?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread is in fact in the right area - the O/P is wondering how to get the new Market working on MIUI and this just happens to be the MIUI Forum - what better place to ask

It's not about why or why not someone should want to update - this is a community of hackers and this is to be expected

If you don't have anything productive to add to the topic at hand then please move along

Z

ZeroBarrier

If the market app itself is the app responsible for the issues, how is asking MIUI users or the MIUI Dev's going to help in anyway when they aren't responsible for said app? It's not like Jamezelle and M1 compiled that app, correct?

A community of hackers doesn't necessarily mean we hack things to break them intentionally, we hack to "better" our devices. We don't forcefully try to run something that just doesn't work when it's been reported over and over that it only works on specific ROMs/Devices.

Which brings me to your (and my) final point. How is trying to figure out what is different/better with this different version unproductive? I have asked the question already and everyone just seems to go with the "It's version number is higher, duh" dodge and evade feeling in their responses.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The O/P simply asked if anyone has had success in installing the updated Market on MIUI -

...it seems you just want to argue if the O/P is in fact right in his question and placement of his thread in this forum

- this is not the place to argue - if someone wants to update simply because of a higher version number then so be it - you have no right to chastise someone because of that -

napes22

Reaction score
The market app installs on other roms, but MIUI users are having issues, so as the Mod said, it's in the right place. Why has this been turned into a huge debate? A MIUI user wants to try the new market - it doesn't matter why. I'm sure you have made changes to your phone over time for which other users would question the value. If someone installs an app that changes the wallpaper based on the color of their shirt that day, but it won't work on MIUI, what's the harm in asking for help? We are all antsy and like shiny new things, that's why we rooted and flashed our phones in the first place.

I'm not trying to throw gasoline on the fire, rather, just let the question get answered.

Z

ZeroBarrier

I don't want to argue, but it may very well be that I am.

And as of this point, I'll strike this thread from my list of threads to respond to, as it seems that asking the question of what's different in this higher version and stating that a higher version doesn't necessarily mean it's an update (for example gameloft games version numbers; specific version numbers are mean for specific devices only and will not run optimally or at all on other devices) is now considered chastising someone.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't want to argue, but it may very well be that I am.

And as of this point, I'll strike this thread from my list of threads to respond to, as it seems that asking the question of what's different in this higher version and stating that a higher version doesn't necessarily mean it's an update (for example gameloft games version numbers; specific version numbers are mean for specific devices only and will not run optimally or at all on other devices) is now considered chastising someone.

As stated elsewhere in the thread and in the news section of this forum this is an across the board market UPDATE. Some custom ROMs are not running it well. People are gonna ask the devs of their ROMs if there's a fix. Plain and simple.

Sent from somewhere...