Market unbearably slow.

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Hey guys...ive been searching for a while on the forums and havent found a solution yet. Running newest kang, installed the market fix, but searching/browsing the market is just soooo slow. its not syncing or anything. its been running plenty long. i really like kangerade but if i can't fix this i don't know what to do! any ideas?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys...ive been searching for a while on the forums and havent found a solution yet. Running newest kang, installed the market fix, but searching/browsing the market is just soooo slow. its not syncing or anything. its been running plenty long. i really like kangerade but if i can't fix this i don't know what to do! any ideas?

Been there a couple of times. Its a pain, but don't worry about it until its like that 3-4 days. The first time it lasted about 2.5 days. Last time it lasted about the same. It is almost like it is struggling to get sync'd up or something but then one morning it was just as fast as ever.

I have not applied the market fix. I did the previous time. The fix will make your phone appear as a 2.1 android phone to the market instead of a 2.2 phone. That is not causing the slowness. The fix is so certain apps show up again for you. I also know someone who had terrible luck with Pandora on 2.2 so used the fix to get a 2.1 version. This was a week or so ago though so for all I know Pandora has fixed their issue for 2.2 phones.

I'd recommend sticking with your rom, but reinstalling it without the market fix unless there was some other reason you applied that fix.

Save this thread, when it gets faster, let us know:)

hang in there!

nyijedi

Reaction score
For the record, I've also noticed the same thing. Wait it out, and it should fix itself.

chewy74

Reaction score
trying clearing the markets data and cache

nyijedi

Reaction score

I've done this before and it doesn't make a difference. Also, clearing the market data screws up all of your downloads.

This happens to me whenever I switch roms, and it always takes a few days to speed up. I have no idea why. My wife also has a droid and she does not have this problem. I have a ton of apps, so I'm guessing that may have something to do with it, but I don't know. It really is strange.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've done this before and it doesn't make a difference. Also, clearing the market data screws up all of your downloads.

This happens to me whenever I switch roms, and it always takes a few days to speed up. I have no idea why. My wife also has a droid and she does not have this problem. I have a ton of apps, so I'm guessing that may have something to do with it, but I don't know. It really is strange.

I've experienced slowness when accessing the market for quite sometime. Two days ago, I cleared the cache and noticed quicker access. Today, however, the slowness has returned.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score