1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market Problems

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by twentydeuce, Nov 3, 2010.

1. twentydeuce

twentydeuce New Member

I am having an issue with the market where I'll open it, and it will vanish back to the desktop. When I do get lucky and it opens, sometimes nothing but my purchased downloads will appear in the downloads screen meaning I don't receive any updates.

When I do a permission repair it doesn't get fixed. When I do a Dalvik cache clear it sometimes works. I've tried to clear the cache and/or data of just the market and relaunch.

When everything is working, and I update apps, they ususally will fail to update and I have to do it a few times or uninstall and reinstall. It's really annoying.

I've installed 4.9 over top of 4.8 and also done a wipe and it happens both ways.

Any one else having this? Suggestions?
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

For now I would try a different ROM and see if it persists.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You could also do a factory reset - log into your main account, and then try market again - that is an odd issue.
  4. jstafford1

Looked around and the markets been acting weird for a few others. Haven't nailed down the problem though. Or a fix :(

Sent from somewhere...
  5. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

You guys try to go to settings > applications > manage applications > all > click market and clear cache, and clear data ? That should reset your market account...
  6. jstafford1

Said he tried that in the OP

Sent from somewhere...
  7. Riley

Riley New Member

I had the market act way weird just a bit ago......then after a reboot and try again it started to act weird then I got 5 apps updated without issue......
  8. alpine

alpine New Member

Mine was doing the same thing the past week or so, then today it was fine again. Seems to be a hit or miss issue I never cleared the cache nor rebooted.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  9. unknownflip

unknownflip New Member

my market started to act odd also, every time i updated an app in the market my phone reboots? tried a different kernel and cleared cache same effect. i'm gonna try wiping and reinstalling 4.9 again see if that helps.