Market Problems

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by JRogers1978, Jun 6, 2011.

1. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I've read that TiBU has a feature to repair market links for your apps, but I don't use it so can't verify this. I'd have to guess it does this based on previously backed up links, but if there's an app which can search and repair these links, that would be useful.

2. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm not sure if its TiBu's fault. In particular it is happening with Quick Settings and Pulse News. They show up under My Apps, but if I search for them they are no where to be found. When I long press them in TiBu there is no market doctor option, which I believe is b/c they already have the market linked to them (smiley face w/ green M over it)

I wasn't sure if it was me, the rom, or VZW. Its seems to me that its either VZW or google doing something w/ the market since others w/ different phones are having the same problems.

3. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Quick Settings is one of the ones I can't find either.

I use MyBackup Pro but didn't use it to restore app data on most apps; just a few literally. The rest of the links were restored through Google's syncing. They just appeared on their own, including ones I installed manually into /system/apps like the inverted apps. In the case of twitter, I had uninstalled the app from the market and copied thebowers' latest 2.0.3 manually to /system. The market link somehow appeared, knowing that the app was installed on my phone. Now how the update automatically option was enabled I have no freaking clue. I don't like anything to update on its own.

I just checked with my wife, and she can find Dolphin HD and Twitter with no problem. She doesn't seem to have this issue at all. Her D1 is stock and current with OTA updates.

Edit: I just had the market link for twitter sent to my phone for dload and it gave the same error. This is frustrating.

#15 djakrse, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  4. DucksDroid

DucksDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try setting "content filtering" in Market > Settings to "Mature". It's confusing this with not being compatable with your Droid.

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums

5. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Worked for me, thanks. I had read something about content filter, but I never had the problem until the other day. I remembered this and set mine to 'All' .. it had no option selected before I made this setting. Why should Mature need to be selected, as apposed to All?

My market version is 2.2.11. I'm going to update to 2.3.6 and see if the content filter works better there. I checked my wife's and she didn't have it configured either, but again, everything is stock. It might be an issue with those using an outdated market app not being fully compliant with the market itself.

#17 djakrse, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  6. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    setting the filter to Mature makes everything available. No idea why mature would be necessary for any of the missing apps, oh well it works now.

7. DucksDroid

DucksDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody on ChevyNo1's forum (on Droid Forums) reported that "mature" worked, while "all" didn't, so I tried that and it works. It sounds like a problem with Market and not this Rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. IHC

IHC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I finally got market version 2.3.4 to work. So far so good. Thanks go to c3k at XDA for this method.

The 2.3.4 market I used is ecsnead69's Black Market

I deleted 2.2.11 with root explorer then rebooted. Extracted the vending.apk resigned with ZipSigner2 using "platform" key/mode setting(zipsigner2 is in market). Renamed back to vending.apk and used root explorer to place back in system/app, and reset permissions. Reboot

I tried it with 2.3.6 and ended up with FC's within a few seconds.