Market problems

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by flyinion, Mar 26, 2011.

1. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's the Market app, or what, because I would run into the same problem on Sapphire as well, but now on SS 5.2 the market after a reboot will lose up to half of my apps (random which ones). On Froyo I could wipe the cache in the application settings panel and that would fix it until the next reboot, or longer if lucky. GB only allows to wipe the cache for the Market though and that does not fix it. Am I the only one with this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? I don't think I ever had this happen with the old style market.

2. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ugh ok this is annoying, trying to reinstall 5.2 and Market is only downloading about 2/3's of my apps. Seriously am I the only one with this problem?

3. jaccolli

jaccolli New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. Fortunately all my purchased apps not affected. I just used a back up restore from my backup pro and redownloaded a few free apps. I thought it weird that Google/market account didn't remember all my apps free or not. Not sure if this is a ROM issue or account issue, BC this is first time I had to wipe in a long time. Even had to update from ogSPR to RZR (2.03?).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. jaccolli

jaccolli New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the ROM, btw. Not complaining at all. SS is always SS!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I also had the same problem. While I was working a different issue, I had to flash on the sbf file for stock Froyo. So, for about 3 hours or so, I was totally stock. All the OTA updates where pushed out to the phone. During that time the market didn't show my apps and never attempted to download anything.

So, I would say that it has nothing to do with this or any other ROM.

6. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I'm figuring that out. I resorted to making a TiBu of all installed apps just so I can track what doesn't reinstall and then go get it out of the market (I'm too lazy to write them down, with almost 60 apps, lol). I guess it could be worse, looks like this attempt at install is downloading about 40+. Last night at one point when I had skipped the normal activation process by touching the four corners it was really bad. When I finally signed in and let it start downloading, it decided I only had about 10 apps attached to my account. I really quickly ended up on my nandroid of Sapphire after that.

7. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hmm, whatever was going on seems to have resolved itself finally. Did a full shutdown and waited about 2 minutes, turned the phone back on, around 3am PDT last night. Market app is showing all the apps I have installed and the count plus manually installed apps and my Amazon apps matched what TiBu shows for "backup all user apps". The Market website even managed to finally updated properly. The best part is unlike when I was on Sapphire, this seems to be persisting through multiple reboots.