Market Problems

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Mmracing, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Mmracing

Mmracing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of days ago I flashed to Bugless V0.6.2.1 from a rooted stock Droid 1 running wireless tether. I used TB to backup all my apps and their data which I restored (I did not restore system data).

The problem I'm having is that in the market under "My apps" it only shows a couple of the apps I have installed/purchased (search for them shows they are installed) and I'm not told there are updates. For example, Beautiful Widgets updated on my GTablet this yesterday but does not show there is an update on my Droid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It's been a while since I've seen this question but I think the answer is that while Titanium does restore your apps it doesn't give them the ability to update automatically. That has to come from the Market.

So your Beautiful Widgets if I'm understanding correctly shows purchased, not installed. Install it and I believe it will take the place of the Titanium saved version.

Now on some apps like Home Run Battle 3D you may not want to update because if you do your current data and all your stuff will be gone.

3. Mmracing

Mmracing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply hookbill.

Actually Beatuiful Widgets is one of the 2 that do show in my apps and it does show installed. Launcher Pro is an example of a program that does not show up in my apps but shows it is installed.

4. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    try wiping data and cache from the market under settings/manage apps. after wiping data and cache from the market reboot phone and see if that helps. it helped me everytime i had this issue.

5. Mmracing

Mmracing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jcwilliams... that worked. I was doing the market fix that works for my GTablet (clear cache only for the market and data for google services).

6. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Sure no problem. Glad it worked.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. Kessler J

Kessler J Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having this issue as well, and tried the above fix as well as force restoring market links in TB, to no avail. I've been having this issue since flashing to GB and am currently running the newest CM7 nightly. Any other tips or tricks?

8. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you pay for titanium pro, it has a feature to fix the market links, which works great. Batch reinstall is awesome too and worth the money alone if you ask me.