market place wont work after 9.8?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by yamaha83, Apr 7, 2010.

1. yamaha83

yamaha83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Title says it all... did a wipe and factory reset. Reloaded my data and everything worked fine. Then installed my apps... no data... just the .apk. and now my market place wont let me load anything?!?!

2. cjnet21

cjnet21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are getting consistant FC's just restart your phone. Should help. Which version of 9.8 did you install?

3. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How'd you install? I just downloaded Handcent as a test, so thinking it's on your end.

4. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you reloaded everything with Titanium try doing a market doctor and see if it helps. If not then follow Black Droid's instructions for install.

If you were on 9.0 then place the update.zip on your sd card. Open SP Recovery, click on wipe data/factory reset, wait for it to finish, then click on clear cache. Now go to install. Click on allow update.zip and then click on install update.zip. Then reboot phone.

After you finish sign into your google account and give your phone 30 minutes to an hour. It should restore most of your apps after it finishes synching.

5. yamaha83

yamaha83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did what blackdroid said to do. Went from 9.0 to 9.8 with the nextheme .zip using sp... I backed up and reloaded everything with my backup pro. I didn't see in the instructions that you needed to wipe cache... just factory reset? I might give that a try... ?

6. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before you go through the process again (since it can be quite troublesome to reload all your settings). If you used Titanium to restore your apps, then open up Titanium. Click on your menu button. Then click on Market Doctor. See if it will resolve any issues first. After its completely done you will see a notification in the top left hand corner on your notification bar.

After it's finished, power cycle your phone and try running Market again to see what it does.