Market not working on V0.4???

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Lynx, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lynx

Lynx New Member

Ok so I installed this on my dad's Droid yesterday and the market wasnt working for him on it. He said he would play with it today and call me if he had any issues. Well the market still isnt working today, is this a common problem?
  2. mbaddour27

mbaddour27 New Member

I'm having problems with the market as well, more specifically updating my apps. When I click "Downloads" to view if any updates are available, only 3 apps show up. Not sure if this is part of your market problem as well?
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

ya, when i try to update some of them dont download, and some say they cant. apps also get stuck downloading forever. i can always get it to work though, and its not big enough of a problem to make me leave, but i hope it gets fixed.
  4. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

When the apps gets stuck downloading, cancel the download and click install or update again. This normally fixes my issues that I experience with downloads and/or install freezing.
  5. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

If you've upgraded your baseband recently, that could be the cause of the problem. Depending on where you live, the latest baseband may or may not provide 3g connectivity for your phone.

I'd suggest connecting via wifi to test this possible cause.
  6. Lynx

Lynx New Member

My dad can get on the internet and use wireless tether no problem. Yet whenever he goes into the market it force closes on him.
  7. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Topping this thread as to not start a new one. I'm having this problem with the market - some apps just get stuck downloading. However, when I try to click Cancel Download the market force closes. What do I do?
  8. ausstone

ausstone New Member

I'm having the same problem. My market downloads are getting stuck on DOWNLOADING. This isn't cool.
  9. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

I haven't had any problems recently but when I first upgraded to .4 from .3 it took a good day and a half for my downloads to come back
  10. brbheels

brbheels New Member

I've noticed that if I have wi-fi on, any downloads from the market just get stuck downloading. If I cancel them, turn off wi-fi and let them load over 3G everything works perfectly. Maybe a shot for some of you guys.
  11. computerguydd

computerguydd New Member

Having the same.i have google voice stuck in download mode and when I hit cancel the market will FC. I looked and I don't have it installed yet. I have wiped and flashed multiple times and each time it is a different app.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i have a lot of apps getting stuck on 'downloading' and i get a lot of 'installation unsuccessful' messages. updating apps is also a problem. it cant update them if i have the 'apps2sd' script configured the wrong way and its a huge hassle.

i hope when the droid officially gets froyo (soon i hope) they can make the market work and have apps2sd working correctly flawlessly (because its far from that currently)
  13. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Menu -> Settings -> Application -> Manage Applications -> Market -> Clear Cache.

This doesn't fix issues with downloads sometimes failing, but it'll get you out out of the FC problem. Something is just corrupt in it's data, and that's why it FCs.
  14. g0dM@n

g0dM@n New Member

What if you tried clocking your phone back down to 550mhz? (assuming you might be overclocked)...
  15. computerguydd

computerguydd New Member

I did the clear cache and data in manage applications and no problems now. No force closes. Thx for the tips.

Sent from my Droid
  16. ljholland

ljholland New Member

Clearing the cache seems to have fixed the FCs but I'm not seeing half of my applications in the download list. If I go to search for one that's missing from the list, it's there and is saying it needs updating. If I update the app, it'll now show up in the download list.

Yeah....Market is bugged.
  17. hooblah2u2

hooblah2u2 New Member

I'm stuck on "Authorizing Purchase" now that I've bought the PSX for Droid!