1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market not installing apps?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Fault, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Fault

Fault New Member

Hey everyone. Just tried using the market yesterday, and I'm having some issues installing apps. It will show that its downloading in the ntoification bar, but I see nothing in the market showing its actually downloading, and when it DL to 100% it disappears. Amazon app store seems to work ok, but the android one is not. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. tnronin

tnronin New Member

Same here. I had to download an app at least 4 times yesterday.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. QiG

QiG New Member

Try going into settings->Storage->Unmount SD card and then go to the market and try again. I was having trouble yesterday and this did the trick for me.
  4. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Im having a market issue as well, but mine is not showing my installed apps in the "my apps" tab, it shows some but not all, but if i search for & go to the individual app, it shows it as "installed" Ive wiped both caches, went to market on "apps" forced stop, wiped data & cache, rebooted = nuthin, ive tried this both on wifi & 3g....maybe ill try the unmount sd card tip & see, its a shame because out of boredom today coming over from UD I was kinda diggin this rom.
  5. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Wow...that worked, went onto settinge-storage-unmounted sd card-went to settings apps-fore stop market-cleared cache-cleared data-went back to the market tab "my apps" waiting a few seconds for it to reload-& waddayaknow there were my apps. Anyone have any idea why that works & or what is causing the issue?
  6. nan2825

nan2825 New Member

I'm stock on my dx & having the same M.I.A app issue. Pretty sure its a market problem & has nothing to do with what rom you're running. I cleared cache & rebooted as well ad battery pull. Any suggestions anyone?

Sent from my DROIDX
  7. Fault

Fault New Member

Reinstalled Facebook, but if yi try to look at anything it force closes. Any ideas?

8. haxerpaylay

haxerpaylay New Member

Try fixing permissions.

Moto Droid / S.S. 5.2
  9. Fault

Fault New Member

Apparently the latest version of Facebook has issues. Phone really isn't stable, needs constant reboots

10. flyinion

flyinion New Member

It's some kind of sync problem with the market and the severs. I've had it on multiple versions of Sapphire (froyo) and also on SS 5.2 + patches. It seems to recover better on SS though. I usually only lose them on a reboot and they'll eventually show up.

One thing that seems to always force the list to update is if an app has an update when you go to install it, it seems to kick off the market looking for updates and usually for me at least the list full populates after that. I've noticed that it's usually the apps stored on SD that are missing, and I definitely don't ever remember having this problem pre-froyo when we couldn't do that natively.
  11. Fault

Fault New Member

I honestly think Im gonna head back to froyo. My gf phone, which is running a lithium mod that is 6 months old, runs significantly smoother than my phone. I just cant stand how laggy, bogged down, and unstable gingerbread is
  12. redoregon

redoregon Member

Try a different launcher on for size... I've been using Zeam for a while now, seems significantly quicker and no redraw problems for me. Also make sure your launcher is locked into memory with Chevy's tools.
  13. Fault

Fault New Member

Launcher is locked, still getting redraws though, never had redraws with LGB. the problem is there is no lock app in LGB. The phone needs to be reset constantly when I use the phone, because it will either hang, the android.phone will crash, w/e. Its really obnoxious
Search tags for this page

why is opera mini in my droid not installing