1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market no longer showing downloads on any ROM!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrpotatohead99, Sep 19, 2010.

1. mrpotatohead99

mrpotatohead99 New Member

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if in the past few days anyone was experiencing downloads not showing up in Market? I was wondering if Verizon maybe changed the hardware signature in the build.prop file and so now Market doesn't recognize the Droid with a custom ROM and as such won't display downloads. I keep getting the message "No downloads from Android Market" every time I go into the download section of Market. :( I know there's a Market fix for ROMs based on the 2nd Froyo leak (see here) but I don't think it was the same issue I am experiencing, nor am I running any ROM build off of the 2nd link. All our ASOP and all are experiencing this problem. I have already tried clearing both cache and data as that has fixed every Market problem for me in the past, but that has not worked in this case. I obviously really need Market in order to have a functioning phone so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

In fact, now looking in the "Market fix" for the 2nd Froyo leak I can tell that it won't be helpful to my problem. It simply changes the build.prop file but it's an even older version of the build.prop file then I already have. However, I still believe it has something to do with the build.prop file. :icon_eek: Also, along with the main fact that downloads don't show up in Market, Market is also slower overall. :-/
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. mrpotatohead99

mrpotatohead99 New Member

Ok, weird! I have tried to delete the data & cache for Market literally about a million times on several custom ROMs and as soon as I mention the problem on the forums and go try clearing the data & cache again, reboot my phone, and open Market again downloads start appearing! Haha. Sorry everyone! :) Sometimes Android just likes to mess with you! Lol.
  3. neimand

neimand New Member

I just ran into this problem myself, I have UltDroid xtrem 8 and no issues but had probs with sprecov so I updated sprecov and now get an error when going to downloads in market, still workin on it to find whats the issue but alas no go so far
  4. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Im glad to see im not the only one, im running ud8 as well & just within the past 3 hours my market is messed up to, not showing my apps on phone nor is it even showing the paid apps tab onky showing free apps....wtf?
  5. neimand

neimand New Member

went into the apps in settings cleared the cache data did a force stop which has fixed issues before but not this time. didnt have this problem until i updated sprevovery to 0.99.3 from .2
  6. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

I did not change anything on my phone....market was working fine last night & all day today....i didnt make any changes to my phone & it started acting up...so i dont think its our phones but more on the other end....or at least thats what im hoping....maybe they found a way to block anyone with a rooted ph.... : ( j/k
  7. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

And im using clockwork recovery...not spr..
  8. neimand

neimand New Member

yeah, that does sound like its their end, i noticed that the downloads sometimes shows like normal then the error then shows my downloads but that none of em are installed, strangeness but i think you're right thats it market acting up again
  9. iPhoneBlowz

iPhoneBlowz New Member

I was having the same issue on UD 8. I made a backup and was going to roll back to v7, but after booting back up I tried the market one more time and my apps were back. This was a couple hours ago. We'll have to see if it happens again. I was hoping it was a market issue and seems like it may have been.
  10. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

I am pretty sure things are goofy on the market side. At least on my CM6, the last few days have been goofy. I have to sometimes try the install/download twice, sometimes it takes clearing the market app cache, and sometimes a combination of the above several times. This started for me about a week ago, and I have done absolutely zip the the phones OS (cm6) in that time. I have not had problems where my downloads do not show, just in actually updating apps. The latest Flash took several tries this morning.

Craig
  11. neimand

neimand New Member

My downloads have been showing now so I'm pretty sure it was on markets end, unless it happens again or still is for others. The update for flash took 3 tries for me as well
  12. SamFox

SamFox New Member

My market went down yesterday, I have tried everything short of a factory reset, I guess i will give it a couple of days. My issue started after I uninstalled AppBrain.
  13. spy4u2

spy4u2 New Member

Fixed mine by force stop of market. When i restarted asked to accept EULA. Then it was fine.