Market Missing from phone completely

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by Niki48, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Niki48

Niki48 New Member

I have searched on here a few times to find out how to get the market back on the Eris but nothing seems to work. I don't know about rooting and stuff. But I did see that I have the current software 2.1. I have a feeling my 3 year old got to my phone because a few apps have become MIA. Any suggestions????
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Could you go by a Verizon factory store and have them reflash the OS? Or Menu/Settings/Applications/Unknown Sources checked and then find the vending.apk for 2.1 and drop it on the sdcard and install with Astro?

Good luck.
  3. Niki48

Niki48 New Member

I was trying to avoid the store...it is HORRIBLE in there and the wait time is usually over 20 mins.
    I think that is going to be my only option though... I can't seem to figure out how to download it back...
    Thanks BFF... I am thinking I might as well upgrade while I am there
  4. BayouFlyFisher

Well, good luck. What phone are you thinking of getting? Just curious. :)
  5. Niki48

Niki48 New Member

I am thinking the Droid 2. :rockon:
    After having the Eris, I am not a big fan of touch screen only. But that could be because I have had issues with this thing since day 1. I am text freak so I think I want the keyboard back.
    What do you have if ya don't mind... or your opinion?!
  6. BayouFlyFisher

I have the original Droid. I too love the physical keyboard. I'm really excited about the next round of phones being announced right now, but I am hesitant to without a keyboard. However, it looks like I will be keyboardless soon!!

If I was buying today, it would, without a doubt, be a Droid X. I love the large screen and I personally think the phone is gorgeous. If I was going to wait on the new phones, the Droid Bionic currently is in first place for me. I will have to wait and see how the Bionic feels though. As something that I will handle dozens and dozens of times per day, it will have to "feel" right.

If you are going to stick with a keyboard phone though, the Droid 2 is top of the list. They are truly great phones and will be relevant for a long time.

Good luck.
  7. Niki48

Niki48 New Member

I might have to hold off and just deal with this then. I prefer to get in on the new stuff rather than the current in some ways. (hence the eris)
    thanks for your ideas... i will have to do a bit of research and see what fits best, like what your saying about size and feel.
    LOL that sounded bad.

Thanks again!:)