Market Messed Up

mguinta25

Reaction score
So I have the droid x and wanted to go back to the old android market. After following these directions Get Your Old Android Market Back | xda-developers my market doesnt stop force closing when I open it. Ive cleared cache, data but nothing works. Im wondering if theres any way I can just start over, and put the market back on my phone from scratch?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I have the droid x and wanted to go back to the old android market. After following these directions Get Your Old Android Market Back | xda-developers my market doesnt stop force closing when I open it. Ive cleared cache, data but nothing works. Im wondering if theres any way I can just start over, and put the market back on my phone from scratch?

You are obviously rooted and I assume you do not have backups, you can try to redo the market hack as listed in the XDA thread. The idea is that it worked for others so it not working for you should indicate an installation error. So you could try to redo it and see how that goes.

Since you are rooted, you could also look into installing a custom rom, which would come with an operational market.

You can also look here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

Good luck.