Market Lockout/Droid Noob

671droid

Reaction score
Just bought my Droid Eris from a buddy who went off to Iraq.. Loving the phone so far but I am locked out of the Market app because his login info is still used and I do not have his password...

Is there anything i can do to fix this? The phone came with some sweet apps when I bought it and he said he updated the firmware or something like that... sorry still very much an newbie..

please help!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You will need to do a hard reset to get your gmail account on there.

You will lose all of the apps he paid for. Unless he'll give up his email account.
The apps are tied to the account and cannot be transfered.

OP
671droid

671droid

Reaction score
Will i also lose the 2.1 update? And will i have to bring phone into carrier store for them to reconnect service? Any link to Hard reset instructions?

Thanks backnblack!

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will i also lose the 2.1 update? And will i have to bring phone into carrier store for them to reconnect service? Any link to Hard reset instructions?

Thanks backnblack!

You can factory reset in the phone's settings. I am not sure if that one will erase the email though. If not, just boot into recovery by holding volume up while pressing the power button, and select wipe data (or something to that tone).

You will not lose the 2.1 update (at least I think, if not I'll find a guide for you) and you wont have to reconnect.