Market links

jmims

Reaction score
I can't get market links I click on in the stock browser to direct me to the actual market, rather than the web market. I've cleared my my market data/cache, and neither the browser or market have any defaults. Anyone have any ideas?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you trying to navigate to the Market via the internet...or just by clicking the Market app on your phone?

Sorry, but your original question leaves a lot to be desired in regards to clarity...:icon_eek:

OP
jmims

jmims

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty clear actually, but let me give you an example. Say I head over to droid-life and read some app review. Down at the bottom of the article, normally, they have a download link, which points to the web based market if youre on your computer, it points to the actual market if you're on your phone. But for me, when I click the link on my phone in the stock browser, I'm directed to the web market in the browser instead of being redirected to the actual Market app.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty clear actually, but let me give you an example. Say I head over to droid-life and read some app review. Down at the bottom of the article, normally, they have a download link, which points to the web based market if youre on your computer, it points to the actual market if you're on your phone. But for me, when I click the link on my phone in the stock browser, I'm directed to the web market in the browser instead of being redirected to the actual Market app.

Ahh, ok...now I am tracking...

Have you changed the User Client in your Stock Browser from Android to PC by any chance? Thats about the only idea I have as to why your phone would do this...sorry.

OP
jmims

jmims

Reaction score
I dont see an option in the settings for that, so I'm not really sure.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I dont see an option in the settings for that, so I'm not really sure.
I just checked my X, and I didnt see it in the Stock Browser as well. I know there is a way to type the commands into the browser address bar, but I dont remember the address...so i doubt you did that inadvertently...

Sorry I cant be of more assistance..

OP
jmims

jmims

Reaction score
Figured it out.... the link in the article is using https, which is directing me to the web market, instead of http.