Market Links Gone/Broken/Messed Up on my Bionic

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Waiting on Google for official resolution to this problem, but
In the meantime:
If you're having this problem, please go here,
locate the section called, "Ongoing Issues",
and the entry within that section called "Applications missing from "My Apps"",
and click the "Report this issue" button.

ORIGINAL POST:
[Sorry if this seems like a repeat of what's already on here. I did some searching, but haven't found anything like this in recent posts. If there is one, and there's a solution in there, please post it and I will go there. Thanks]

For at least the past few days, I no longer have any apps listed when I check 'My Apps' in the Market app on my Bionic.
I have searched around and found all kinds of helper threads relating somewhat.

I have used the Market tools in Titanium.
I have used the Market tools in MyBackup Pro.

Still, no apps listed.

Funny thing....as I was typing this, I decided to try the Titanium Market Tools one more time (have already done this whole process at least a couple times with this app). This time, it actually resulted in getting me somewhere.

First, here's the process I followed...
In Titanium Backup Pro
-Menu button
-Market Tools
-Destroy all Market links
-Market Doctor
-User apps

After the scan this time, it found a bunch of recoverable market links, and I told it to restore them.
Then when I went back into the Market App and looked in 'My Apps', it showed some of them, but it was odd.....they weren't all listed like they normally are.

Usually, there are probably two sections (Updates / Manual Updates / Installed ...or something like that).
Now, there are those, but also one more called 'Not Installed' with a large number of apps listed there which ARE actually installed.

Also, once they were all listed (in whichever group they ended up in), there were tons and tons of updates waiting. So, I guess that, since I wasn't seeing them in the 'My Apps' view for so long, a bunch of updates stacked up, waiting to be installed.

I did all of the autoupdates (funny that I had to actually manually tell it to go ahead and do them, but whatever), and then went through and did all of the manual updates.

While doing that, I got the 'Connection timed out' error
...and then, the 'No Connection' error from within the Market app. :|

At that point, I figured I may have just lost data connectivity again like has been happening so much lately. So, I put it into airplane mode and back out........and then the connectivity issue was taken care of and I finished the manual app updates within the Market app.

So.... (sorry about the data drop interruption which had nothing to do with the point of this thread)
....anyway.....Any idea what's going on here (i.e. there are still now 15 apps which are for sure on my phone that are listed in the 'Not Installed' section within the Market app on the phone)?

p.s. To be clear, throughout this entire time, all of my apps have always still been properly listed when I go into my account on the website. They just haven't been displaying properly in the 'My Apps' section within the Market app on the phone.

p.p.s. One of the main reasons I'm really wanting to get this taken care of is that I am one of the ignorant dopes that manually updated to the 5.8.894 version (because my phone has never received any updates OTA since I got it brand new in Oct., and wanted to get some updates going here), and since that's not helping me out at all, and since I now come to find out that it took me off the official update path, I'm going to do the path-saver, and want to make sure I'm all good to go with app records before I do all of that.

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Something else...
I just checked and there's a large discrepancy between how many apps are listed in the 'My Apps' section in the Market tool on my phone and what's listed in my account online.

My Apps on phone: 197
Account online: 110

Any idea what's up with that?

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
More oddness...
Just now, I got back to my office after lunch and meetings and other stuff (haven't done anything with it that whole time except reboot one more time), and when I looked at the 'My Apps' place in the Market app, it actually showed almost all of my apps in the 'Installed' heading area, with only two in 'Updates' (which makes sense if they actually have updates pending, which they probably do), and one in the 'Not Installed' heading area....that was Superuser :|

Then, I noticed that battery was very low, and I decided to plug in my charger (actually, it's the external, extra battery from Verizon). Well, almost immediately when I plugged in the charger, the page that I was looking at that was showing me all of my apps in the 'My Apps' section of the Market app on the phone changed back to the goof message where it says, "Apps and games owned by this account will appear here" :lol:

Thanks, I will give that a try this evening.

yaterml

Reaction score
If you they appear listed as not installed and they are. I uninstalled them via app manager and reinstalled via market one by one but it worked for me. You can also use app list backup back up just those appear to sd and then restore this will not worked with purchased apps.

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONICMaxXx using DroidForumsPro

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and got back on the official update path by following this process, which included completely erasing the data and starting fresh (i.e. so, I know for sure that, if the problem were somehow connected to anything that I had done to the phone previously and messed something up, it was gone now for sure).

Once I got back into the OS on the newly redone system, I added my G account to the phone, went into the Market app, clicked on 'My Apps', and for a while, my purchased apps (only) actually showed up.

However, after a few minutes, I went back into the Market app, and this time, I got the agreement acceptance prompt (which I didn't get the first time I opened it on this go-around), and then, when I clicked on 'My Apps' this time, it went back to the same, d@mn thing as before all of this, where it just says, "Apps and games owned by this account will appear here".

Maddening!!! :mad:

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Well, it's not actually 'resolved' yet, but at least I think I've found what I need in the meantime...

Yesterday, after scouring the entire internet (OK, that may be a bit of an exaggeration :lol: ) for some kind of help on this problem yesterday, I finally found something about it on Google's site.

First, I was directed to the 'Android Market Help' page by a thread on a forum.

I did a search there for "My Apps".

That came up with a bunch of hits, and I went to the one named "Android Apps Known Issues".

On that page, I went to the section called, "Ongoing Issues",
and found an entry named "Applications missing from "My Apps""

Under that entry, it says,
"We're aware of reports from some users that several applications are missing under "My Apps" on their devices, and we're currently looking into the issue."

Then there's a button with the caption, "Report this issue".
So, I clicked on it, and it recorded me as having that problem.

If you're having this problem, please go there and click the "Report this issue" button.

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
UPDATE:
All of a sudden today, I got a notification in the notification drop-down that I had forty-some apps that had updates waiting for them.
So, it looks like they may have fixed this problem.

Anyone else?

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Got the same kind of 'notification' again today. Yay! :biggrin:

Now for the other part...
Though I can now get into 'My Apps' in the built-in Market app, and though I do appreciate the update notifications, I'm still having the thing where it has a certain number of apps down below in a section called 'Not Installed' even though, clearly, they are in fact installed (I know because I checked and verified every one of them, including Google Maps).

Now, on this occasion, when I got the update notification, and went in and did the updates, when I scrolled down to the 'Not Installed' section and saw that there were updates available for some of them in that section, I installed them, one-by-one, and as I did that, each one that got updated jumped from the 'Not Installed' section on the bottom to the 'Installed' section on top.

So, now I have a smaller number of apps in the 'Not Installed' section. I'm assuming that, once updates come out for each of these, I will install them, and then they will also jump up to the 'Installed' section.

Does anyone know of a better, quicker, rock-solid way of changing which section these apps are in?

Stefan82

Reaction score
Sounds like the same thing happening to you that's happening to someone that I know. Trying to get market to see my installed apps. Anybody have any suggestions on how to make my install the sink with the market?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC (rooted) using GoLauncher & DroidForums app.