1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by phatneff, Jun 15, 2010.

1. phatneff

phatneff New Member

Ok, I still haven't gotten a resolution to this problem I'm still having. The Market will not download any new/updates to apps. Can someone PLEASE give me a valid resolution to this problem???

BB 1.1
    Firmware: 2.2
    Baseband: C_01.3E.01P
    Kernel: Bekit 1.2GHz LV
    Build: voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys
  2. tdelet

tdelet New Member

I had this issue and did some searching and it seems that a lot of people have had it. I read about some people solving the problem by logging in and out of Google Talk, but that didn't help me at all.

In the end, I got the market back to a working state by (though ROM Manager) doing a wipe and re-install of BB 1.1. And then used Titanium to restore whatever didn't come back automatically.

I can't prove it, but I have a feeling that if you do a full back up, then wipe everything (by going to any ROM) and get your account working with the market again, and then restore your original back up that it will work. It seems like it is the link to the market that is wonky and nothing specifically on the phone.
  3. kskwerl

kskwerl New Member

Same problem on BB 1.1 :( no solution?
  4. kskwerl

kskwerl New Member

Solved it, I used ROM Manager to "wipe data and cache" then I reinstalled BB 1.1 and all is good :) hope this helps, I did it 2 times tho cause I forgot to back up contacts.
  5. phatneff

phatneff New Member

How do I get ROM Manager??
  6. tdelet

tdelet New Member

To get access to BB in ROM Manager you have to buy ROM manager in the Market. It's worthwhile. It makes the whole process of updating ROMS and loading new roms and backing up totally painless.
  7. phatneff

phatneff New Member

Yeah, kind of a catch 22................I can't download and install anything from the market!!!
  8. phatneff

phatneff New Member

buuuuuuuuuump
  9. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I was having all kinds download/install issues with the market on 2.2. I then noticed that I had a bunch of random apks in my "downloads" folder, not where they are supposed to be. I think my problem was an issue with the download crutch program, I uninstalled it and everything has been running ok since.
  10. phatneff

phatneff New Member

"download crutch program"? how did you uninstall it?
  11. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

It was an app that solved the "unsupported content" problem. If you don't know about it, then you probably don't have it. But it should show in the manage applications screen.
  12. phatneff

phatneff New Member

Well, I re-flashed the BB 1.1 ROM several times. Each time, something different was wrong. My the apps from Titanium Backup wouldn't fully restore, but the Market DID start downloading and installing. However, it wouldn't let me reinstall apps that said I already had, even though they weren't recovered in my restore. So, I decided to go back to my Nandroid backup. Now I'm back to the drawing board with an extremely stable and fast ROM, but unable to use the Market! UGGGHHH!!
  13. schollianmj

schollianmj New Member

ai had this issue last night... nothing would download. i went back to petes rooted stock 2.1 that comes with teh radio update from rommanager... wiped and installed. market started working agin. went to Buggy 1.1 market was still working. went to pete's new .2 froyo and nothing worked... no market. no texts, couldnt get t my Email... wiped and went back to buggy 1.1 backup, still nothing. re-downloaded the stock rooted with radio 2.1 again and everything started working again. wiped and did a clean install of buggy 1.1 adn so far so good, minus wifi tethering... Im now tethering with a backup i had of team Chaos froyo since it has the built in USB tether in it... No clue what is going on... maybe google is rising up against our favorite Devs??
  14. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

I'm having a kinda weird issue in the market currently. It's trying to download/install the Weather Channel app...but it wont ever actually finish downloading it. So its constantly running...but not doing anything. And when i click cancel download...Market force-closes on me.
  15. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

Nevermind...fixed it. Just went to Applications, then Manage Applications...and then went to Market and wiped data. That fixed it.
  16. phatneff

phatneff New Member

When I go to Applications/Manage Applications, I don't have a Market app to manage. Maybe that's the problem! How do I get it there???

EDIT: Being the retard that I am, I forgot to filter it to ALL so that I could see the Market. Anyway, when I cleared cache in there, it still didn't work.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010