Market issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Zenharu, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Zenharu

Zenharu New Member

Sorry if this has already been posted, I searched the forums though and found nothing about problems like what I've been having.

I loaded Team Chaos' Froyo ROM and have been having Market problems since. I've been trying to download apps for the last 2 days and nothing has happened. Paid Apps get stuck on "Authorizing Purchase" and free apps just never start downloading. I was told there was a fix for such a problem out there, but I have yet to find anything that fixes the problem I'm having. Anyone know?
  2. phatneff

phatneff New Member

I'm with you on this, but I'm on BB 1.1. I don't think it has anything to do with the ROM. I think it's Google and I've seen where people in the UK have the same problem because of an email address change associated with Gmail.com and Googlemail.com. Well, I'm in the US and I've never changed my Gmail account but am still having problems downloading/updating my apps. It's getting really annoying.
  3. TheBawse

TheBawse New Member

I was having issues with downloading from the market as well and I found my issue to be kernel related. I'm running BB0.1. I switched to using ChevyNo1 LV 1100 mHz and everything downloads fine now. So Maybe try flashing a different kernel.
  4. phatneff

phatneff New Member

That's strange. Why would market download issues be connected to a kernel when everything else runs the way it's supposed to? I suppose it's worth a try, but I used ChevyNo1's LV 1200 MHz kernel prior to my current Bekits LV 1200 MHz and had all kinds of problems, so I'm partial to this Bekits kernel.
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Go to the Team Chaos section, there you will find a thread about the Market fix. Bgill posted a market fix before he left that i understand fixed all the issues. Either way if you are having troubles on TC ROMs, go to their section and you will find help there.
  6. phatneff

phatneff New Member

Nope. This didn't fix the issue.
  7. Zenharu

Zenharu New Member

I've already gotten and installs bgill's Market fix and nothing changed. I'll look around for a new ROM to flash, but if there are any other options to fix this problem I'd like to know...
  8. xfireguru

xfireguru New Member

Just switch themes. It's regrettable, but I was having the same issue with the market after flashing the TC black theme. I could download new apps, but nothing would update after installation.

The market fix didn't do anything...as I understand it, that is only so you can see previously unavailable apps in the market due to an issue in the build.prop file.

Flash a different theme and let me know how it goes. I'm sure your issue will be resolved.
  9. Zenharu

Zenharu New Member

I'm not using Team Chaos' theme. They have a ROM of a rooted Froyo on their sub-forum, that's the Froyo I'm using. I've looked for the newest leak of it, but haven't been able to find it.
  10. xfireguru

xfireguru New Member

Yeah, I mis-read your original post. I was using the second froyo leak over which I installed their clean black theme. That was when my market issues started.

I flashed Black Glass from 928Droid over that and haven't had any problems since.
  11. Zenharu

Zenharu New Member

So far, the only way I've been able to fix the problem was flashing into another Froyo. I when back to the recovery I made before loading Team Chaos' Froyo ROM and was able to use the Market fine.