Market Issues

neoj2

Reaction score
I have posted before about this issue and got some responses but none that have worked so far so im going to ask here.
I installed DC11 because PE4.2 became buggy after awhile(mounting sd card on pc caused my phone to lock up and show that it is still connected forcing me to reboot). Plus ive been reading good things about DC11. I have since formatted my sd card and put everything back on it thinking it might be my sd still acting strange.

So I had to mount my card while in recovery to move the DC11 and google apps to sd card. I wiped 3 times. I installed DC 11 with rzr recovery and at first it hung up on the M logo. I rebooted back into recovery and wiped 3 times again then reinstalled the 2 files. it booted up just fine. i signed in so that i can download my apps from market and avoid TB as much as i could. i go to the market and most of my apps are downloading while 3 (google maps, flash player, documents to go) of em are trying to install. All my apps continue to be stuck at 100% and when i click on them they say installing but none ever do.
Also when i try to install an app it wont let me install it. Id click on it then it says "accept permissions" i click on ok but it doesnt do anything. i press back and the install button is greyed out.

I am stuck with PE4.2 backup as that is the only one with a functioning market. I dont know what else to try to get this to work. On a side note my previous wallpaper and wifi connections seemed to have carried over even though i wiped 6 times. Could rzr recovery not be wiping everything as it should?

EDIT== I tried clearing market and market updater data and cache then rebooted right after and it seems to have fixed my market download issue. ill will post back and hope everything works out. this rom is super smooth

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On a side note my previous wallpaper and wifi connections seemed to have carried over even though i wiped 6 times. Could rzr recovery not be wiping everything as it should?

Glad to hear your market is working again.

The wallpaper and wifi settings are replaced when you restore because they are backed up to Google. If you don't want that to happen, don't check the backup to Google option when first setting up the ROM.

*side note* When I came back from a GB ROM to DC (Froyo) it restored the last WP I had on a Froyo ROM. Now that was interesting.

OP
neoj2

neoj2

Reaction score
it didnt bother me just wondering if it was wiping like it was supposed to. a few hours with this rom and it is flying. i havent even put anything else on it (kernel,theme,supercharger....yet :) ) plus i only have 32mb of space and no lag at all. besides running into a few bugs getting there (gb junk lingering) im really impressed it. good work DC team!

OP
neoj2

neoj2

Reaction score
android secure folder

ha i found my issue with apps on sd card not showing up sometimes. well in that android secure folder i had old apps from jan of this year that i think were conflicting with the apps i had now. i erased all the apps in there that were not todays date and rebooted back up and presto. my apps now show up. whew took all day but i figured it out. spread the word