market issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mojo_droid, Sep 23, 2010.

1. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Im not sure the best place to post this, cuz its not really rom related, but since im running ss4.8 atm, id figure ill post it here.

basically my market is fc'n frequently. I dont know why, I think it started after I was jumping back and forth from roms a few days ago, doing full data wipes though. then all of a sudden my market keeps force closing. anyone know a solution or a thread that already exists for this issue?
  2. btpetrina

btpetrina New Member

My market is not working at all, i select market and all that comes up is sporting news pro football under a featured tab. When I go to downloaded it tells me "No Downloads from the Android Market". When I search ESPN or ROM Manager, ScoreCenter does not show up nor does Rom Manager. I select the Verizon tab and only three apps show up under this window. Does anyone know what I should do besides just wipe everything?
  3. btpetrina

btpetrina New Member

nevermind, I found a fix for my own problem and here is the fix if anyone else has this problem as I saw on other roms people were having the same problem.

Here is gthe fix
    Go to manage apps
    Select market under ALL
    Select clear cashe first
    Then select clear data
    Exit out of manage apps
    Open market and bingo
  4. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I found a fix..I think.

So i did chevytools fix permissions, which I shouldve done in the first place, but forgot about it. That seems to fix the market issue, but breaks two of my widgets (pure calendar, and one i made with desktop visualizer). so then i tried the fix permissions through rom manager. that fixed my broken widgets, but broke my market again. so I manually looked at the permissions for the market through root exploer and it looked ok, but i checked off the execute permission for the user, and this seems to fix it. at least I havent had any fc's from the market in the past half hour..
  5. y0rk

y0rk New Member

if it starts up again, do whichever gets you the widgets working correctly and then try the market data clearing posted above. there is a new script in ChevyNo1 tools now to clear the davlik cache but not sure if that will help your situation, it often helps with market updating issues.