Market is gone

littlefk

Reaction score
Hey guys. Ive been stuck here for about a week. I recently manually updated to 2.1 and when I rebooted, my market application is completely gone. My friend said if I rooted and ran something like bugless beast I could get it back.. However, I want to keep my phone stock I think. I read where I might could install an Android vending.apk but I have no idea where to locate such a file and how to install it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I just unrooted from DroidMod 1.0, went back to stock and likewise lost my Market app.

Project37

Reaction score
I was debating going back to stock from DroidMod 1.0 at some point (will most likely do so when Froyo finally drops). Was there a solution to restoring the missing Market app, or did you have to do a full factory reset?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Project 37, I ended up doing a full reset. It was a hassle, glad that I backed up most of my apps and data first, lost custom icons I had made. However, I then quickly was updated with 2.1, and was able to install Launcher Pro, which is very smooth and speedy, and which had been blocked with DroidMod. Now, I'm all set for Froyo, if it should arrive.