Market is Force Closing

Cyberdemon

Reaction score
My market is force closing when it gets to the install part. I can download the apps fine but as soon as it trys to install it it says "The application (process.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Any suggestions would great, Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My market is force closing when it gets to the install part. I can download the apps fine but as soon as it trys to install it it says "The application (process.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Any suggestions would great, Thanks!

Have you turned your Droid off and back on lately? That will usually resolve issues like this. If that doesn't do it try a full 30 second battery pull. If that fails then do a factory data reset in your privacy settings.

OP
Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

Reaction score
I have restored, and tried the battery pull. No luck. What exactly does factory data reset erase?....before I do that lol.

Shanged

Reaction score
I have the same issue (stock 2.1 rooted, though) to which the market uninstall is only a temporary fix. If I wait a while or reboot, the market starts FCing again. Does anyone know what the underlying issue is? I installed the 2.1 stock to get rid of issues like this, and I don't really like having to downgrade a native app.