Market Installation Issues

canvs2321

Reaction score
I just installed lithium mod and immediately Ive had the same problems, Sapphire was the only one so far (besides 2.0.1) that restored my apps and worked fine in the initial reboot but every one after has lagged.

I cant check out my build.prop because a terminal or file manager isnt installed and I cant install either of them!

LithMod comes with absolute system on it :) open it up and use the file browser to goto /system/ and just click build.prop

plus when installing new roms are you wiping cache and formatting system and data? I just don't see how you can keep having the same problem ROM to ROM and each ROM is made differently. with out some old data/cache or something being left behind

Last edited:
OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Yea I have, thats whats confusing the living hell out of me! Ive done the following:

wiped data and cache multiple times then installed the rom
wiped data, cache, system, boot, multiple times then installed a rom
flashed the 2.0.1 SBF and it even happened then after two apps were installed!

Ive tried it on wifi, 3g and local installs, 90% of the time all giving the same result: lag in install

I just checked the fingerprint and it was exactly like the second string you posted, I just cant seem to edit it with absolute system (nice job btw!).

edit: I flashed back to Sapphire which has the 2.1 fingerprint and I still get the same problem, although it did work perfectly before i rebooted the first time....

edit 2: on a whim I decided to backup my sdcard and wipe it since that was the only thing that I never wiped, once I did the installations worked perfectly on sapphire (which has the ese81 fingerprint), havent tried it one other roms. Id recommend wiping your sdcard if youre also having these problems.

Last edited:

tnicholson21

Reaction score
I found more info on this in another thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ns/56622-problem-installing-uninstalling.html apparently when the sd cards get 12 to 13 g on it problems begin. I couldn't install anything, then, after reading the above post I was going to wipe the sd card clean, but my usb connection did not work and was causing system process failures. Anyways, tried installing w/o the card in and no problem. I'm cleaning my card up now, but I expect it to work fine now with less info on it. Does anyone know why this happens? Also, would a 32 g cause the same problems and if so would it occur at say 24 - 26 g worth of storage consumed instead of 12-13? just curious

tnicholson21

Reaction score
ok, maybe not

update: after cleaning up my sd card, i did see improvement on the installation of apps....at first. Now, I'm back where i started, only worse because some of my apps i had before are no longer installed (titanimum backup)...I'm assuming this is because i moved them to sd card, however i would have thought i would have kept titanium on the phone. anyways, don't no how to get my apps back, marketplace is stuck on titanium download, titanium and other apps don't work now, and my phone only detects usb cable half the time, the other half it doesn't either show up or it freezes my phone when i try to mount it. I ran a nandroid backup and this is still where i am. Somebody please help or comment. Thinking about going back to factory settings and just getting the update when it comes through, but i'd have to get all my apps again, and loose root. hmmm....

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for me if i hit home while mid download the download pauses and wont start back up unless i cancel it and redownload.

clyons077

Reaction score
I had this exact problem also with UD 5... backup and reformat the sd card using your pc/mac... flash whatever updated rom... worked for me... dancedroid

mzmtg

Reaction score
I've had this problem too, with several different ROMs. I'm going to try clearing some big files off the SD card and see if that helps.

- Sent from my StarTac

mzmtg

Reaction score
I've had this problem too, with several different ROMs. I'm going to try clearing some big files off the SD card and see if that helps.

- Sent from my StarTac
... didn't help

- Sent from my StarTac

mzmtg

Reaction score
Okay, I figured out how to fix this.

Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications (all) --> Market

Force stop
Clear Data
Clear Cache

Your apps that are stuck on perpetual download should be all cleared out now.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, how about this, i only see about 10 apps in my download page for the market, i have a lot more than that.