Market Installation Issues

brando56894

Reaction score
Lately Ive been having problems installing apps from the market, it will download them fine but will hang at the "installing..." phase indefinitely. At first I thought it was a problem with CM6 since thats when it first occured, I kept messing with it (reflashes, installed the market fix, etc) and decided to go back to my Kangerade backup which worked fine for a day or so then it started happening there too.

I flashed back to 2.0.1 via sbf and downloaded to apps just fine (rom manager and license), then it started to act up again and hang when I downloaded root explorer. Although it just (slowly) downloaded and installed astro file manager.

Is anyone else having these problems?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
if you force close the market then clear data that should fix the problem...

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Thanks man Ill try it out, I just got done rooting now and Im about to flash CM6 again. Ill try this out.

razgueado

Reaction score
While it's "hung", go back to the product page in the market. Tap Cancel Download. If the button changes to Install, tap it. It should then install. Once in a while I've had to do it three times. Usually it installs on the second attempt.

You can safely assume it will be fixed when CM6 is officially released.

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Half the time im unable to cancel it, and the odd thing is its happened on other roms and versions also. Now it seems to work for the moment.

a_googler

Reaction score
Ditto

Same exact problem going on with me. I've tried every ROM and it just got so bad it won't restore any of my apps, recognize apps on my SD, OR download from the Market - so I'm absolutely stuck! UNrooting seems to be my only option, as much as I'd hate doing that! Nothing works, though!

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
it downloaded 2 apps when i was on 2.0.1 then started to stall again. I kept trying CM6 and flashed back to my kangerade recovery and it did it there too then a few hours later i flashed the CM6 recovery and now everything installs fine but some apps are missing in the market even after installing the market fix :-/

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
I lied, nothing wants to install again. This is extremely annoying, clearing the cache via settings > apps > market or via cachecleaner doesnt seem to fix the problem at all.

BodyMarks

Reaction score
Market wont update/download apps

I have the exact same problems. Tried all suggestions. Happening regardless of the ROM that I am on. Looking for a fix.

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Glad to know its not just me/my droid. Im very tech savvy but was starting to worry that I did some damage to my droid...

tnicholson21

Reaction score
me too

i'm having the same issues and would like to know a fix if anyone figures it out

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Has the froyo OTA fixed this issue for anyone? I would try it but I need tethering support since I dont have internet access at my house :)

I was still having problems on sapphire but im going to try jrummys newest build and see if that fixes anything.

canvs2321

Reaction score
alot of the times when people have problems with the market it's a finger print in your build.prop that won't register with the market. IE for lithmod/kangerade market issue jrummy changed the build.prop fingerprint to

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

so i'd suggest taking a peek at /system/build.prop and see what your fingerprint is.
just shooting in the dark though :)

heres the fingerprint for the rom where ppl where having issues with market

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
I just installed lithium mod and immediately Ive had the same problems, Sapphire was the only one so far (besides 2.0.1) that restored my apps and worked fine in the initial reboot but every one after has lagged.

I cant check out my build.prop because a terminal or file manager isnt installed and I cant install either of them!