market help

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I bought my 6 year old a used D1 with a bad esn, so she could use it as a wifi device, play games on it and keep her hands off mine. The idea has worked out great. Last night her mom showed her the talking santa app and of couse she wanted it. So I went to install it for her. ( haven't never had any issues with the market in the past) when I go to open the maket it immediately closes. Have tried the following to fix: reboot, battery pull, clear cache and data, unstall updates, nothing works, scared to do a factory reset, because if it don't fix the problem won't be able to restore the apps on it. So I need eather a fix for this or the appbrian market apk so i can download apps with it. ( i havn't found out how to install it without the android market)

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Ok after doing some reading I see that the appbrain API won't help a broken market. So are their a way to move apps form my phone to hers free ones mainly 4zroot so I can root hers and back it up to the SD or the free talking Santa.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you pull the free apps from your phone, from /data/app, you can put them on her sdcard and install them one by one, then root hers and back them up with titanium

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Were do I find the apps? Folder. Can I find them with Astor or do I need root explore? My phone is rooted. If I can just get the free talking Santa she will be happy

D

dankarlinski

You will need some sort of root file manager. astro wont do it.

install it on your phone.

navigate to data/app look for the file you installed, copy it to your mem card. take the card to her phone, navigate to it using astro or other file manager, and then install it