MARKET....help me understand, PLEASE!!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok...the other morning I woke up and my market was changed (updated). As you can tell by my sig, I'm rooted, have a ROM and I'm Theme'd. So how did it update without me excepting an OTA?

Now...my brother has a Droid X, completely stock and refuses to do anything to it but get OTA's. He didn't know about the update. I just told him to go settings/about phone/system updates and check. He did, his phone updated and his Market is still the old version.

Someone please help me understand this. I've been around a while if you can tell by my post's, but I just don't understand this.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
The market can automatically update itself without the need of OTA update.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
The market update rolls out to people at different times. He will get it eventually. If he wants it now he should be able to grab the updated market app and install it manually.

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
The market update rolls out to people at different times. He will get it eventually. If he wants it now he should be able to grab the updated market app and install it manually.

I just had him clear data/cache in setting/applications/manage apps, start Market up, accept terms and conditions. Once he closed and re opened it was updated.

Thanks again.