Market Hack

specramsey

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest version of froyo sapphire, with it I downloaded the market hack. What is this and how do I use it?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum :D

Some versions of Froyo don't allow you to see certain apps in the market. I'm pretty sure this just fixes it so you can.

jmart8684

Reaction score
Hey corina...another market issue I noticed plenty of times: When updating at app, it will reach to 100%, then just stay there, and not install, requiring me to cancel the download, and trying again. I noticed it on every stock 2.2 leak, and custom rom. Is there a fix for that too, or something google needs to take care of?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey corina...another market issue I noticed plenty of times: When updating at app, it will reach to 100%, then just stay there, and not install, requiring me to cancel the download, and trying again. I noticed it on every stock 2.2 leak, and custom rom. Is there a fix for that too, or something google needs to take care of?
I have that happening occasionally. I had to go into the market application and clear the cache to get it to go away. And, I'm not using the 2.1 hack.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My understanding of the market hack is it makes the market think you have a 2.1 android phone instead of a 2.2 android phone. I'm running fine without the hack. I know of others that had issue with some apps, Pandora I think it was. In that case grabbing the 2.1 version fixed the issue.

I'd like to see a tool that lets you flip between the two versions.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a tool that lets you flip between the two versions.
Look in the mirror and you'll see a tool. :icon_ banana:

I never installed the hack either because I don't have problems with the market, but would also swap back and forth if something was there that would allow me to switch back and forth.

kevdog

Reaction score
the hack changes a line in the build.prop file. You have to manually edit it or simply replace the file with the original file to get it back.