Market Force Closing

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah the market just keeps force-closing as it's trying to resync with google - some have installed, but TB hasn't

when you first do a clean install, and apps are syncing, do NOT open market. it will screw up the restore.

Wait until you're notified that restore is finished.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i never opened the market, simply got the FC messages

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
i never opened the market, simply got the FC messages

oh boy. something went wrong with your install.

FCs are a separate issue that the market hack won't address.

edit: although it seemed to help OP, so maybe try it for the hell of it.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I had lots of market FC issues after theming. I think the vending.apk included in the nextang and SG themes have problems. I pushed the vending.apk from the original update to system and have not had a single FC since. If you have a theme installed and are having issues try installing the original vending.apk.

OP
jimmiet

jimmiet

Reaction score
Sorry...forgot to update. After a couple of market visits after changing the market fixed build.prop to normal build.prop, it started FC'ing again. Pulled n pushed vending.apk from the stock update to see if that works.

Armyof2

Reaction score
I'm getting this problem too...i'm wondering if it is a theme thing. I didn't seem to have trouble until i installed nextang

Armyof2

Reaction score
I'm getting this problem too...i'm wondering if it is a theme thing. I didn't seem to have trouble until i installed nextang

Yeah, that was the same conclusion I came to. Just get the original vending.apk out of the google apps update they provided and push it to system.

Ok...time to be a noob. I'm not quite sure how to "push" apps to the phone..

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I attached vending.apk for you (I had to rename to vending.zip to upload on DF). Download vending.zip, rename to vending.apk, and place it on the root of your SD card. The easiest way to move it to system is with Root Explorer (it is a paid app but definitely worth having if you want to easily play around with your phone's system files):
  • In Root Explorer, navigate to /sdcard and long click on vending.apk and choose copy
  • Navigate to the /system/app directory
  • Tap the Mount R/W button on the top right
  • Tap Paste it will ask you if you want to overwrite and you should select yes
  • Scroll down to the vending.apk (the one you just pasted in /system/app), long press on it and select Permissions (you'll see 9 check boxes when you do this)
  • Check the Read and Write buttons for User, and only the Read boxes next to Group and Others, then tap OK (once you're done, the read/write permissions under the app name should be the same as all the other apps listed (rw-r--r--))
  • Reboot.
It can also be done with terminal emulator but root explorer is easier. If you want I can post the terminal emulator commands too.

Last edited:

philolee

Reaction score
I attached vending.apk for you (I had to rename to vending.zip to upload on DF). Download vending.zip, rename to vending.apk, and place it on the root of your SD card. The easiest way to move it to system is with Root Explorer (it is a paid app but definitely worth having if you want to easily play around with your phone's system files):
  • In Root Explorer, navigate to /sdcard and long click on vending.apk and choose copy
  • Scroll down to the vending.apk (the one you just pasted in /system/app), long press on it and select Permissions (you'll see 9 check boxes when you do this)
  • Check the Read and Write buttons for User, and only the Read boxes next to Group and Others, then tap OK (once you're done, the read/write permissions under the app name should be the same as all the other apps listed (rw-r--r--))
  • Reboot.
It can also be done with terminal emulator but root explorer is easier. If you want I can post the terminal emulator commands too.

please post the terminal commands. :)

VivianC

Reaction score
Fixed me!

• Reboot.
I was having a problem with the Marketplace. I started a download after flashing my first root rom (Sapphire 0.8.4) and it was stuck in the "Downloading" message. I would get a FC when I tried to cancel. I followed the directions above and it fixed the problem.

THANK YOU from a noob rooter.

volfman

Reaction score
This fixed my issue. However I still get a FC in the market when i do this:

Find 'My Verizon' app in market, click on it - it shows "downloading" but it hasn't downloaded in 4 days now. I click on "Cancel Download" and it force closes...

It doesn't show up as an installed app in "Manage applications".

Anyone have the My Verizon apk I can download and install manually?